“No Hogs Exist Here”

Got a photo?
Add it.
MY Ranch Hunting Preserve
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The M.Y. Ranch website is very misleading. It shows pictures of hogs galore but in reality the Hogs do not exist. I spent 3 days hunting this ranch and never observed one hog. The ranch is covered up in deer but no hogs. This trip cost roughly $3,000 bucks for our group, not one pig was taken! Please do some research before spending money. We saw Walter ( the ranch owner) the first day then he vanished. We never saw him again. I can only assume he knew we would be very upset. I hope Walter enjoys the money he gets for scamming people.

6  Thank Michael A

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I gave a $700 deposit a march 16-18 2012 hunt and had a death in the family and could not make hunt nor reschedule. I told Walter of this a month in advance and he said there would be no problem getting someone to fill my slot and would refund my money. Haven't seen a penny. Hope it is worth it Walter and hope you burn in hell. I had no Idea there where so many angry people until I found this site to write a review about you. Hope you don't get any more suckers at your place. What a waste of human debris you are.

7  Thank Jimmy J
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Walter,
I just needed to write and express my disbelief that you advertize a "quality hog hunt", that is essentially absent any real hog population. Your ranch is lovely and the set up ideal. That all said, I have hunted feral hogs for 30 years in Texas and never observed so little hog sign and with 9 guns hitting the feeders until 9:30 at night 3 days, and hardly a sighting of hogs. I personally never saw even a track in the wet ground. I did observe the rooting below #2 and #7 other wise your fields were pristine and undisturbed by traditional Texas hog populations. The daffodils were up and blooming. My experience with foraging feral hogs, the perennial bulbs would not have a chance to bloom before they were rooted and eaten. Either you have over hunted them or a alien space craft has beamed them all up to the mother ship. I rode the Razr over all your ranch before coming to these conclusions.

Our group would have been an annual reservation for you had we not all come home with empty coolers. A nice mobile home and hot water at the end of the day for serious pig hunters is not enough. You might consider suspending hunts until your population rebounds.

This was my 1st hunt in 30yrs I did not see a pig on a ranch advertizing feral hog hunts.

D. Ray Hickman
Fort Collins, CO.
Media relations
RMGO.

11  Thank XRAYColorado
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I had a great time exploring the ranch and saw plenty of deer but only saw one batch of hogs on the smaller size.

9  Thank KWK5451
See more reviews
Reviewed March 31, 2011

We went in there the last days of February with high hopes only to realize that the place has been over hunted.
Walter the owner,was okay, a week or two before we arrived (group of 7) he kept asking if we were still coming. Odd thing was, he gets his jeans dry cleaned, as in, "not hurting for funds"! We did get a dissertation on investing from Walter but still no hogs.
Accommodations were good, but the hunting day or night was poor.
I had night vision and a laser designator to work with but if there's no hogs that equipment is useless.
This isn't sour grapes, just a warning to anyone considering hunting hogs there.

9  Thank fullmag