“My-Ranch.com, Crockett Texas”

St. Louis
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“My-Ranch.com, Crockett Texas”
Reviewed March 31, 2011

We went in there the last days of February with high hopes only to realize that the place has been over hunted.
Walter the owner,was okay, a week or two before we arrived (group of 7) he kept asking if we were still coming. Odd thing was, he gets his jeans dry cleaned, as in, "not hurting for funds"! We did get a dissertation on investing from Walter but still no hogs.
Accommodations were good, but the hunting day or night was poor.
I had night vision and a laser designator to work with but if there's no hogs that equipment is useless.
This isn't sour grapes, just a warning to anyone considering hunting hogs there.

Visited February 2011
9 Thank fullmag

Lawrence, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Absolutely a horrible place to hog hunt.”
Reviewed March 12, 2011

8 of us hunted half a day on 3-1-2011 and were steaming mad after scouring the 1300 acres and seeing few signs of any hog existence. If anything, there is an over abundance of deer. Approx. 13 feeders and stands are placed throughout the property. The corn below the feeders appeared to be accumulating and untouched, leading us to believe this guy activates his feeders prior to the arrival of the booked reservations. Obviously to save his supply of corn, which ultimately does not attract the desired game. I do believe there are hogs in the area from what little signs we saw, but they are few and far between. Locals in the area, from Dallas to Crocket, say that there are not that many hogs around Crockett and east Texas. They also are amazed this guy is making money on something that is rarely seen. We ended up leaving mid-day on day 1, skipping day 2, and found a place north of Dallas that had more hogs than this guy at M.Y. Ranch. If there is anything positive to say about this place it would be that the property is very attractive and the lodging was very adequate for 8 people. The lodge is a mobile home and what you would expect for a hunting lodge. It's obviously not the Ritz-Carlton. Even though the property and lodging are a positive, don't let this be a deciding factor to visit this poor exuse of a hog hunting ground.

Visited March 2011
23 Thank maisysboys
New Orleans, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Don't Waste your money @ My Ranch”
Reviewed March 7, 2011

If you're looking for a hog hunt in Texas, I don't recommend hunting at My Ranch in Crockett, TX. The 1300 acres are mostly mowed fields, so the property has very little cover to actually hold hogs. Any hogs on this property are just passing through and may stop at a feeder at night. The lodging is comfortable and the price is very appealing, however your chance of actually shooting a hog are slim to none.

I saw the negative reviews on this place and thought, it was a one off bad experience, however our hunt was exactly as described by others.

I would recommend going to west Texas the only problem is that you will pay more for the hunting experience - I guess you get what you pay for.

Visited February 2011
14 Thank Kinetic_NRG
Topeka, KS
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Don't Hog Hunt at M.Y. Ranch in Crockett, TX”
Reviewed June 9, 2010

Eight of us paid to hog hunt this property. Between all of us we saw one hog. After scouring the property only saw one spot that even looked like a hog or two were entering the property. This was the area where the one was seen. He has feeders and bait out, so one would expect to see plenty of hogs, or at least sign around, but nothing. No tracks. No Wallows. No rooting. Even a neighbor commented about his charging for hog hunts, that no one else around there does, probably because there aren't enough of them. Lots of very tame deer. They come to the feeders 15 minutes early to get their fill. The cougar bounty? Nobody has ever even seen a cougar there either. There are a lot of nice pictures, apparently from the 1980's though. Lodging was nice.

16 Thank StraightPathArchery
A TripAdvisor Member
“Hunting at M.Y. Ranch Hunting Preserve”
Reviewed November 27, 2004

I took a company group to hunt for 4 days at M.Y. Ranch Hunting Preserve. This was a group of 8 to Quail, Pheasant and Chukar hunt. The group also hunted for whitetail buck deer and wild hogs while we were there. Everyone wants to go back. My company will taking more guest. They have an excellent atmosphere.

17 Thank A TripAdvisor Member