“Good food - Decent Price”

Doc’s BBQ and Smoked Meats
Ranked #11 of 33 Restaurants in Crockett
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Welcome to Doc's BBQ and Smoked Meats, a family-owned and operated restaurant and smokehouse. We are known throughout East Texas for our succulent smoked chicken and brisket so tender that it falls apart on the slab. Folks love our honey-glazed ribs, pork chops wrapped in thick-cut bacon and varieties of perfectly smoked sausage too. Doc's slow-smokes and sells thousands of pounds of BBQ every week! To make sure every bite is of the highest quality, all of our meats come from premium livestock and are seasoned with our very own hand-blended BBQ rub. Planning a party or family gathering? Need your event catered? Doc's BBQ offers everything you need to for a great meal, stress-free. From weddings to company picnics, Doc's can provide a catering package for every occasion and budget. Doc's also offers specialty food items to fit your needs-contact us for more information!
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Doc's BBQ is the "other half" of a gas station and convenience store. But the restaurant is full size, has good atmosphere, and ample seating. You order your food at a counter then get your own drink, beans, sauce, condiments etc. after picking up and paying for your food. There were about 6 people ahead of me but the line went quickly. They had a good offering of the typical BBQ meats (i.e., chicken, brisket, chopped beef, ribs, etc.) and sides (cole slaw, potato salad, etc.). Beans are free. I thought that the food was good and reasonably priced. I will definitely return when in the area.

1  Thank AustinMan

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I read that they changed owners, which is a shame because I liked the old one. However I didn't notice a change in the food this time, good as always. Nice big log tables inside with big flat screen tv'd usually on the news. Texas BBQ choices are all good as well as the desserts. Prices could be a little cheaper, but I will keep returning.

2  Thank mrsfreeze06
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I find the food and service much better since it changed managers. A lot friendlier and the food is always fresh and perfect flavor. Every time I eat there it is booming with business and they get the food out quick! Best place to eat in the whole area, not just Crockett.

2  Thank Flomberman
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant has recently changed hands. The food was disappointing. Not the same taste and very greasy. Prices have shot up. I paid three dollars more than what I used to for food that is not as good as it used to be.

2  Thank jessicashsu