“Poor Value”

Holiday Inn Express Crockett
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Crockett
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The toilet would not flush unless you removed the lid & operated the mechanism from inside of the water tank. This was not found out until the day I checked out. Behind the curtains the sheet rock & tape are coming off the wall. The breakfast is very limited. Bread at one end of the counter, toaster at the other end of the counter. Coffee was on the other side of the breakfast room. The juice machine is able to dispense 4 types of juices. When I was there it dispensed 3 lemonades, & 1 water......really, lemonade for breakfast. What about orange or apple juice ? IMO this was a $70/nite motel, not the $129/nite I was charged. The lady who checked me out was unable to help with a discount, but advised me that the manager would be contacting me, I'm still waiting for that phone call. I will not stay here again, nor would I recommend this motel to anyone else.

Room Tip: Check your room making sure it's up to your standards, before moving in & unpacking.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank CindyAHouston_TX
HotelStaff1511, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crockett, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

We do apologize for any inconvenience that the Holiday Inn Express - Crockett property has caused you. We are working with several companies to improve the property and work out kinks such has the toilet. We do apologize for the disatisfaction in our breakfast layout. This layout was suggested by our corporation due to the crowded toaster and coffee area on busy mornings. We do find that most guest enjoy the lemonade as an option on summer mornings. Normally, we do have orange juice as an option however, on this particular morning that wasn't the case. We do apologize that managements past attempts to contact you have been unsuccessful and we will try again.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Had to go to Crockett for a family funeral. Other than a few local places we didn't feel like taking a chance and the HIE is really the only option in town.

The hotel is clean, although there is a sign to excuse the mess while renovating but we didn't see anything going on. Our room looked like it may have been updated, either way it was nice and we loved that each bed had 4 pillows with a choice of firm and soft pillows. TV had good reception with a nice variety of channels. Only minor complaint was there wasn't a stopper for the bathroom sink and there were some paint splotches on the back of the bathroom door, which wouldn't stay open but kept closing. I didn't care for the lighting in the bathroom as it was about eye level and not very bright. Would have loved having a light above or on either side of the full length mirror in the room. The closet space was hampered by the fact the ironing board is at the back and the closet isn't deep enough for the hangers to hang without hitting the ironing board, thus being at a slight angle.

This was our first stay at HIE and I was very disappointed from previous reviews about their good cinnamon rolls - they were out so I can't comment on them. Did like the pancake make as opposed to the normal waffle maker. We went down a little after 8:00 and upon asking about the rolls was told they had to save the rest for Easter Sunday....what about those of us that were there right then?

Our stay was pleasant enough but feel the price was high however with no competition they can charge what they want. Have stayed in a lot of other chains that were just a nice for $30-$50 less, but if you are in Crockett the HIE is a good choice and in a convenient location.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank najune
Nicki B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crockett, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express. We hope that you stay with our brand again. I do apologize that some items in your room were not accomidating. I especially apologize for the breakfast bar service and choices. We hope you continue to choose the Holiday Inn Express in Crockett for all of your future stays.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We came to town for one night to see a nationally known comedian perform at the civic center. This hotel was jammed and busy. The lady at the front desk, I believe her name was Sheila, did an excellent job considering how many guest were checking in. The room was clean and comfortable. Me and my wife slept like babies. My only complaint would be that the breakfast was sub par. We always stay at holiday inns and are accustomed to the breakfast bar. It was all in all a very good experience. Come to find out the comedian stayed at this hotel also. We ran into her outside.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicki B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crockett, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you so much for making our hotel your selection during your short time in Crockett. We do appreciate you taking time to give us feedback. We are currently working on improving our breakfast service, and we do apologize for the inconvenience. We are happy to hear that you got to meet the performer that you came here to see, that doesn't happen every day. We hope that you choose to stay with us, here at the Holiday Inn Express, again soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I went online and searched pet friendly hotels in Crocket Texas and Holiday Inn Express came up so we booked a room for Saturday February 16th . When we arrived they had already taken the full amount of 237.00 dollars out of our account . When i went to check in they said they didnt accept pets so i asked for a refund so i could find other accomodations and was told i couldnt have a refund and there was a pet FEE, not deposit of 200.00 dollars cash non refundable ! I had no choice but to pay the money. I feel like i was cheated out of my money and i will NEVER STAY at another Holiday Inn again nor will i ever recomend them !!! The hotel even blocked me from posting a review afterwards !!!!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Greg P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crockett, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Greg P,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we strive to provide service rates that are competitive in the area. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is your standard Holiday Inn Express in need of some updating. It was comfortable, and my husband liked the firm mattresses there. Breakfast was good. The rates seem expensive for what you get, but they really have no other competition in this small town.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crockett, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear jinxLouisiana,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you again. Hope to see you soon.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I recently stopped here on my way to Houston. I needed a comfortable bed and quiet lodging and found more than what I needed with this little place. I was exhausted and the wonderful staff quickly checked me into a beautiful bedroom. I slept so peacefully in there immaculately clean rooms. In the morning I was treated to a hot buffet breakfast-complimentary and I used there work-out facilities as well. Everyone smiled and was so friendly I'm going to have to find a reason to visit again!

Room Tip: Make sure to wake-up in time for breakfast!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I've always stayed at Holiday Inns, but never a Holiday Inn Express. This hotel in Crockett was very nice, served an excellent breakfast, and was a great price for being the only franchise hotel for 40 miles. People can go on and on about the rate,but if you want a nice clean place to stay in Crockett, then you better stay at the Holiday Inn Express. Honestly, I've stayed in smaller towns, with less decent hotels for over $150 a night without tax, so $150 with tax isn't a problem. The area is nice and quiet, and when I got up to my room there was water and cookies waiting for me with a letter, thanking me for being a Priority member, and breakfast was fresh and hot with a pancake machine my son loved. The receptionist was so sweet and smiley, I forgot her name, something like Nancy, but I think she was the only one working there. Overall it was a great experience and I think I will start staying in Expresses more often.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ashley G

Been to Holiday Inn Express Crockett? Share your experiences!