“Pleasant stay!”

Holiday Inn Express Crockett
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Crockett
“Pleasant stay!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We came to town for one night to see a nationally known comedian perform at the civic center. This hotel was jammed and busy. The lady at the front desk, I believe her name was Sheila, did an excellent job considering how many guest were checking in. The room was clean and comfortable. Me and my wife slept like babies. My only complaint would be that the breakfast was sub par. We always stay at holiday inns and are accustomed to the breakfast bar. It was all in all a very good experience. Come to find out the comedian stayed at this hotel also. We ran into her outside.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicki B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crockett, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you so much for making our hotel your selection during your short time in Crockett. We do appreciate you taking time to give us feedback. We are currently working on improving our breakfast service, and we do apologize for the inconvenience. We are happy to hear that you got to meet the performer that you came here to see, that doesn't happen every day. We hope that you choose to stay with us, here at the Holiday Inn Express, again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Spring, Texas, United States
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I went online and searched pet friendly hotels in Crocket Texas and Holiday Inn Express came up so we booked a room for Saturday February 16th . When we arrived they had already taken the full amount of 237.00 dollars out of our account . When i went to check in they said they didnt accept pets so i asked for a refund so i could find other accomodations and was told i couldnt have a refund and there was a pet FEE, not deposit of 200.00 dollars cash non refundable ! I had no choice but to pay the money. I feel like i was cheated out of my money and i will NEVER STAY at another Holiday Inn again nor will i ever recomend them !!! The hotel even blocked me from posting a review afterwards !!!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Greg P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crockett, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Greg P,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we strive to provide service rates that are competitive in the area. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A
Louisiana
Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is your standard Holiday Inn Express in need of some updating. It was comfortable, and my husband liked the firm mattresses there. Breakfast was good. The rates seem expensive for what you get, but they really have no other competition in this small town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crockett, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear jinxLouisiana,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you again. Hope to see you soon.

Katie J
Waco
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I recently stopped here on my way to Houston. I needed a comfortable bed and quiet lodging and found more than what I needed with this little place. I was exhausted and the wonderful staff quickly checked me into a beautiful bedroom. I slept so peacefully in there immaculately clean rooms. In the morning I was treated to a hot buffet breakfast-complimentary and I used there work-out facilities as well. Everyone smiled and was so friendly I'm going to have to find a reason to visit again!

Room Tip: Make sure to wake-up in time for breakfast!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dallas, TX
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I've always stayed at Holiday Inns, but never a Holiday Inn Express. This hotel in Crockett was very nice, served an excellent breakfast, and was a great price for being the only franchise hotel for 40 miles. People can go on and on about the rate,but if you want a nice clean place to stay in Crockett, then you better stay at the Holiday Inn Express. Honestly, I've stayed in smaller towns, with less decent hotels for over $150 a night without tax, so $150 with tax isn't a problem. The area is nice and quiet, and when I got up to my room there was water and cookies waiting for me with a letter, thanking me for being a Priority member, and breakfast was fresh and hot with a pancake machine my son loved. The receptionist was so sweet and smiley, I forgot her name, something like Nancy, but I think she was the only one working there. Overall it was a great experience and I think I will start staying in Expresses more often.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ashley G
Naples, Italy
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I made reservations and showed up provided my name, wanted me key. Right? NOT! I have traveled and know how its done. You can pay cash or with credit card upon your departure. My room was to be discounted because my daughter is a govmt worker and has to travel with me. She booked a room the day before but I was not able to travel so she said she cancelled. The one she cancelled was in "HER" name. They did not acknowlege me and decided when my daughter showed up with me they would "get that cancelled reservation money" from me or her. Any way they could. I am not stupid. My reservation when I arrived. My room. They did not acknowlege me. They denied me my room and expected me to pay for two days. Not one. Two accts. Separate days. Seperate name, separate reservations. I offered to pay the over rated full price using no discount, . I was denied my room. They denied the cancellation and tied my guest to me. I was asked for a credit card upon arrival. I provided it. No one else did. I even called reservations got a new reservation, confirmation#. I watched others arrive, gave their name, got their key. no discussion of deposits were dicussed (I was told to pay $100 up front and then they could give me a room. NOT! They wanted me to pay for two days. Craaaaaaaaaazy. Question: They had my credit card information. I had a reservation under my name. They would not let me have my room because they said my "guest" cancelled.

Room Tip: rooms are over priced.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crockett, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Demi O,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Ferdinand G.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I checked in on July 4th at 12:30 am, Took shower and right to bed , Left hotel around 9am
I was charged $200.00 for smoking ( I do not smoke ) and few other fees the front desk clerk could not explain. My credit card was charged $360.99. Stay away from this place its a rip off
I was upgraded to the Jacuzzi suite for being a Priority Club member, The wife tried to use the Jacuzzi and it was broke

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank dewey0275
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crockett, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear dewey0275,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Crockett, TX.

Orlando A.
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Crockett? Share your experiences!