“Beef, it's what's for dinner!”
Review of Tchoupitoulas - CLOSED

Tchoupitoulas
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Lovelady
“Beef, it's what's for dinner!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My boss has hosted our annual Christmas party at Tchoupitoulas, known to us locals as T-shops, and it was great! The steak is so tender you don't need a knife! Great flavor and cooked to each person's taste. The sides are wonderful and dessert is to die for. The ambiance at T-chops is perfect for a couple or a group.

Houston, Texas
“HORRIBLE SERVICE-WORST RESTAURANT EXPERIENCE EVER!!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have never entered a restaurant that was so rude and uncaring about their customers. We arrived at 8:30 pm, the hours are posted open till 9pm. Two of the poeple in our group tried their best to order fish and was told we are out of everything except the salmon, so as they looked at the menu again trying to find something they would like to eat, we were all told we needed to hurry up and place our order if we wanted to eat at all because the kitchen was closing??????? We all rushed our order, while waiting we asked for more bread and was told the kitchen was now closed (it was 8:46 pm), we asked for one more salad, and again their response was THE KITCHEN IS NOW CLOSED. We had not even received our meals. I cancelled all our orders. I asked for the manager, and I got the bartender, who told me this was there general practice, then I got the owner.....He was the rudest person I have ever met!! I advised him if their kitchen closes at 8:46 pm then they might change their sign to CLOSED at 8pm. He advised me he has been running this place for 5 years and his business is great. I also heard form one of the waitresses that the reason he is allowing them to say the kitchen is closed before 9 pm, is he told them every minute he is open past 9pm, they are all losing money. WILL NEVER GRACE THEIR DOORS AGAIN!!! WORST RESTAURANT EXPERIENCE OF MY ENTIRE LIFE!!

• Visited February 2013
Houston, Texas
“Good food!!!!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Very pleasantly surprised! Great food! Love the atmosphere! Had a great steak....good flavor! Great selection! Would definitely recommend and look forward to coming back!

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Very good for lunch meeting”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Like eating there for business lunches. Food is very good, portions are good size, and service is excellent. I also like the atmosphere.

• Visited December 2012
Waco
“Great Steaks and Drinks”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

This was a good little find! Highly recommend dining here. Great steaks, good service, and all in a charming building. Bartender made great drinks!

• Visited November 2012