“Two Tons of Steel concert”

Knights Inn Crockett
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Crockett
Houston, Texas
“Two Tons of Steel concert”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Well my friends and I stumbled upon this place after coming out of the concert. We had no other place to go for the night and this place seemed the closest. We went with the VIP room after hearing about the updates they had done to the room. The room had a mini fridge and microwave, nice wood flooring and lots of home-town feeling furnishings. I would highly recommend booking the VIP room over the regular, the price difference is about $10 and its REALLLY worth it! The room had nice paintings, which added to that "classic" feel.

The only down side to our stay was that they didnt have breakfast, but they did have coffee.
I will definitely come back here whenever my favorite band is playing in Crockett.

Room Tip: Get the VIP room, definitely worth the money
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hannah T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed at this inn Friday, June 7th and 8th, 2013. I was attending the World Champion Fiddlers' Contest on Saturday, the 8th. I stayed in the VIP room and found it clean and tidy with a lovely bedspread, framed painting of pheasants, large entertainment center with TV and drawers, small fridge and microwave. The air conditioning unit was extremely cold set to 72. I don't make unreasonable demands of budget accommodations, so it was everything and more than I expected. I would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: Select the VIP option; it is worth the added expense.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed at the Crockett Inn for two nights last week because the Holiday Inn Express down the street was completely booked. There are two room options here - regular and VIP. I believe the main difference is that the VIP rooms have laminate flooring and the regular rooms have old carpet. VIP rooms went for $68 per night; regular was $48 per night.

Overall, the room was fine, but expect the bare minimum. the room seemed clean (had my doubts), but bed, pillows, blankets, chairs, towels, etc. were old and not very comfortable. TV was an old tube TV and channels aren't great. Amenities were non-existent. The pool was completely dark green/brown so don't jump in. Free wifi was available. The complex only has 1 iron and 1 ironing board, which you can borrow after putting down a $5 deposit.

Given the price, I believe the offering was fair. However, I would rather pay a little more to stay down the street.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for the VIP rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Crockett hotels

Crockett, Texas
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We initially booked with Holiday Inn down the road, but somehow they had lost our reservation so we decided to stay here. Now, they have two types of rooms, a regular and a VIP, so we went with the VIP. Choosing the VIP over the Regular was probably one of the best choices I've made in a while, the room was very nice and clean. The courtyard and picnic areas were spectacular. Oh and did I mention they have the free Wifi? We will DEFINITELY be coming back here again!!!

Tip:
Ask for a room on the outside when you check in.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the parking lot
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank twoheart s
Tomball, Texas
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed at the Crockett Inn on our way through town. It was just one night so we did not pay for the upgraded room - trying to save the extra money.. I was traveling with my husband and two kids - one a toddler. The room seemed clean, but very run down. The wood laminate on the bathroom door was peeling off, the paint on the walls was literally peeling off and missing in places, the bathroom light fixture was a bare bulb with no cover - you looked up into the fixture and the bulb. There was no alarm clock in the room. And then there were the towels. We were provided with 3 towels in the bathroom. These towels were 18" x 24". I kid you not. And they were awful! Very dirty looking and very rough (I think sandpaper might have been smoother)..
My toddler spilt her toys on the floor and I had to get down and familiar with the carpet - which was also deceiving. It looked okay - but when I was on hands and knees touching it, it felt sticky and had a slight odor...
Overall we got what we paid for. It was only one night so we made it work. I can only hope the upgraded rooms are much better.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelMom412
Conroe, TX
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We went to Pennington for our annual family reunion. We chose Crockett Inn over the high priced chain hotel. And we chose the upgraded VIP room($7 dollar difference).Our room was nice, clean & quite. We will Definately stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank SusanB66
James F, Owner at Knights Inn Crockett, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for your kind review about our hotel. We are very glad that your stay was pleasant and that you enjoyed our newly remodeled VIP rooms. We hope to welcome you back in the future upon your next family reunion or whenever your in this part of Texas.
Rosenberg, Texas
Reviewed May 15, 2012

In Crockett on a job with my company and the hotel choice's are slim to none. Holiday Inn Express was our first choice they only had 3 rooms left and at $159.00 for one of the rooms, or $199.00 for the other two that was a little out of my company's price range. So down the street we go to the Crockett Inn. The price was a little crazy $68.00 for a none upgraded room. Or $78.00 for a upgraded room. Never saw the none grade room but the upgraded room was a tipical room with small frig and microwave with laminite wood floors. Nothing else special about the room. If your coming for one night it is a not to bad place. But there is no resturant, they don't do anything for breakfast and if you need ice you have to go to the front check in area and someone will unlock the lobby door, take the ice bucket and fill it for you. Did find a great place for breakfast, Rosemary Hill's Resturant, good food and great prices. All in all if I had my choice I'd drive a little farther to a better hotel.

Room Tip: Just flip a coin, then drive to the next town!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jim69_61
James F, Owner at Knights Inn Crockett, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. We do appreciate your time to review our property. I would like to clear up some confusion you may have about our room prices. The regular king room (non-upgraded) starts out at $50 plus tax, while the VIP king upgraded room starts out at $68 plus tax. I would like to address this matter with you further, please send us more details regarding your stay.

Been to Knights Inn Crockett? Share your experiences!