“Fantastic brekky!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My fav brekky ever! Would highly recommend the pumpkin & time bread. If you are in to big breakfast, the big brekky is huge & great value. Great value overall & lovely outlook.

There are newer reviews for Naked Turtle

Reviewed January 17, 2014

The location, atmosphere and the menu should make for a sensational place to eat with a young family. However, as Sunshine Coast locals and after giving the Naked Turtle a chance on three occasions, our most recent visit left me on the verge of furious disappointment.

With two young children we ordered the kids meals, my wife ordered stuffed peppers and I thought I'd splash out to celebrate our last day of holiday by ordering a fisherman's platter.

45 minutes went by before the kids had exhausted their colouring in books, iphone and ipad. Their meals were delivered and we were shocked at how much wasn't on the plate. Two small slivers of grilled fish and literally 7 chips was what was on the plate.

Ten minutes later, my wife's meal arrived which looked great and tasted sensational.

Five minutes after that, my meal arrived. With an obvious departure from what was listed in the menu to what was on my plate, no dipping sauces, no bug, three defrosted Coles looking prawns, soggy salad and a couple of chips was less than disappointing for $39.00.

When we raised our disappointment with the waiter we were informed the Chef was an apprentice and hadn't read the menu yet!!! From that point on we were avoided and were then expected to pay the full price for our meals. Needless to say we couldn't justify paying what was being asked.

We won't be back for a fourth time.

1  Thank The_Review_Shack
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

We had a great day at the beach and decided to get fish and chips it was the closet one. First impression was not good lady with bright red/purple hair was not friendly at all and had a sour look Like she didn't want to b there.Front counter floors are dirty and prices are very over priced.we ordered take away fisherman's catch $49. Food terrible fish burnt fish was dory and tasted horrible. They even forgot to give us the tartare sauce. Food leaves horrible taste in yr mouth like it's old oil. Such a shame prime location but is let down in all areas. Management you need to have a good look at yr staff. I get better service at Macdonalds.

1  Thank Jane C
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We attended with four adults and four kids. When we arrived there was one other table of two seated. It took about 15 minutes for our order to be taken. We ordered only one entree: oysters. They were very good. Our mains were not served until after 7.15 , an hour after we ordered. In the meantime it seemed another 4 tables who arrived after us received their mains.
Our waiter was friendly and I think was trying hard but the service was slow and just not up to scratch. The chips with the kids nuggets were cold. The other main meals were generally well cooked and were good. Had the meals been served within a reasonable time we would have been happy but it was just too long. A real shame because the place has a fantastic position and is very handy and generally has a good relaxed feel and real potential.

1  Thank Matt W
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Tonight we ordered takeaway from the Hungry Hippo - this takeaway shares the same kitchen as the Naked Turtle - that should have told me enough.

The Naked Turtle was half to two thirds empty yet when making our order we were told it would be 40-45 Mins - that it took and hour and 10 mins was surprising.

They ran out of stock on a Sunday Night in the middle of the Christmas-New Years break. The busiest time of the year.

The food was edible but nothing you would go back for.

My advice - order a takeaway from next door at Dominico's where they are professional.