“Not worth the monetary hassle” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Corsicana

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Express Corsicana
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Corsicana
Austin, Texas
“Not worth the monetary hassle”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2008

This hotel is a nice property; it's new and has comfortable rooms with a contemporary decor. The breakfast bar, while small, had a few options that should suit most travelers. Newspapers on weekday mornings is a nice touch. The coffee in the guest rooms was actually quite good.

I'm rating this hotel a three due to the problems I encountered upon checkout with the rate that I was being charged; it differed with the printed confirmation I had in my hand, yet the clerk wouldn't change the rate; she told me she wasn't authorized and told me I had to call the manager later that day.

I called the manager, Henry Patel, and he straightened everything out when he saw my confirmation online, and saw the rate I booked. Thank you Henry!

Yet, three weeks later, I still had an authorization hold of $150 on my credit card by the hotel. I had to make another call to Henry to get the hold released. He said that the hotel wasn't holding the authorization, but rather his MasterCard merchant was, and he had to call them to have them release it. He told me he would do so and call me back.

I waited two days and didn't hear anything from Henry, so I called my credit card to see if the authorization was still there. They told me the authorization for $150 had been released, yet Henry didn't call me back to tell me; I had to track it down myself.

For the hassles I went through with this property, I wouldn't want to stay here again, but I thought the hotel was very comfortable and nicely appointed.

• Liked — The location and the nicely appointed rooms
  • Disliked — The staff didn't seem to think they could do their jobs without 'authorization'
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank JBien

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2007

Have stayed here three times while passing through the area with family. Very comfortable beds and pillows. Only complaint would be that you can hear the guest above you if you do not stay on top floor. We have requested top floor after experiencing a long night on our first stay. The beds were worth a second chance.

Stayed August 2007
Port Neches, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2007

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel over Memorial Day Weekend -it is new and clean. The beds are great! We had a two bed queen suite and it is big for hotel standards. The breakfast bar is plentiful - lots of choices. Would recommend this to family and friends!

• Liked — Comfortable Beds, Spacious Room, Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Starks, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2007

My grandson and I stayed here for one night when we were traveling during the easter holidays. I was very impressed with it. It seems to be new and is in a very nice location close to restuarants and shopping.

The front desk was very accomodating ,even going to the trouble to call Chili's to make sure what time they closed. I didn't ask her to, she offered. She also gave me my choice of floors since it was a holiday and they weren't that busy. I chose the first floor since my grandson and I were traveling alone. Later I realised that for quiets sake I probably should have chosen a higher floor. There's more noise closer to the lobby area of course and we were quiet close to it. I felt she might have put us there for security's sake and I appreciated it ,although we would have felt safe in any of the rooms.

They had a very nice indoor pool area with a jacuzzi which we didn't use. However there where other people swimming so I'm sure it was heated. Would stay again in a heartbeat.

• Liked — well decorated , new
  • Disliked — the carpet still smelled new
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
minneapolis, mn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2007

A pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed April 2007
1 Thank mz52
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corsicana
Hampton Inn & Suites Corsicana
Days Inn Corsicana TX
Days Inn Corsicana TX
#5 of 8 in Corsicana
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ennis

Been to Holiday Inn Express Corsicana? Share your experiences!