“Great experience and friendly staff ”

Holiday Inn Express Corsicana
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Corsicana
USA
“Great experience and friendly staff ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

After having he most horrible experience of my life at the Hampton inn which is right across the street , I decided to move here where I spent my 3 business nights and was a WONDEEFUL EXPERIENCE.

Great customer service, wonderful rooms very clean and very big with microwaves and fridges which are vital for business travelers, front staff do anything to accommodate you and always have a smile on their faces, plenty of parking spaces and clean swimming pool.

The only reason this hotel gets a four instead of five is because I would live them to have free weights at the gym but nothing negative found here, the friendliness of the staff makes up for it so highly recommended to be here, you will not regret it.

This property receives A +

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Yolanda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corsicana, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
On behalf of my the HIE TEAM we would like to thank you for writing this review!! We appreciate any type of feedback we get whether it's good or bad. We are very happy that you not only enjoyed your stay here but that you also felt you got great service...

We look forward to your next visit, and please feel free to stop by so that I may point you out to the entire HIE TEAM and let them know their hard work is appreciated !!

Many thanks ,

Yolanda Petereit -GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Weatherford, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed here for almost a year in 2012-2013 and really enjoyed my stay. The service was great and they made me feel at home and took great care of me. Now I'm back in town and picked Holiday Inn again. They have done a lot of remodeling since I was last here that has really up the looks of the place. The service and customer care is still really good. They have taken care of me and made sure I'm happy with each stay since I have been back. Along with the great clean rooms and exceptional service, there are plenty of close options to choose from when dinning out. I would recommend Holiday Inn to anyone needing a place to stay in Corsicana.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Yolanda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corsicana, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you for your kind words and for choosing the Holiday Inn Express as your choice hotel.
We truly appreciate feedback and guest who let us know that they are happy and keep returning to us to us when they are in town.

Of course we know who you are, and our entire staff loves the fact that you continue to let us know how you feel about us.

Grand Prairie, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

There was a mix-up when several of us checked in late one night. We stayed a few nights and checked out. I had to turn in an expense report for my trip and weeks later I got it back unpaid because someone else's name was on the receipt. I had paid the bill and not noticed.

I called the hotel and explained the problem. A young lady named Elizabeth Franks helped me. It took a couple of days of emails for her to fix it through corporate customer support.

It wasn't her problem. I didn't check my receipt but she went all out to solve my problem.

Really great service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
We are truly sorry for any confusion that you may have experienced , but happy that Elizabeth (our Front Desk Manager) was able to resolve it.

We look forward to your next visit and appreciate your feedback,

Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Third time to stay here, and may be the last. We have been moved into the second room for the night--- because of lack of heat. The second room is 57 chilly degrees. Two hours into the stay, we are all still in our coats, huddled by the underperforming heater. Every surface was ice cold as if no heat at all had been on in the room for days. Would change rooms again, but that would just mean another 2 hour warm up! When checking in, the people in front of us were frustrated by computer problems in their check in, and left. A man came down to change his non working key card for the 6th time, only to not have it work again. Threatened to leave. Although the night clerk is catching the brunt of all the upset people, it is NOT his fault. Management---get busy and support your staff and hotel! Certainly not what we have come to expect from this hotel brand. From a IGH Premier Club Member

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank L M
Yolanda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corsicana, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
The HIE Team would like to apologize for any inconveniences that we may have caused you during your stay. We do take all feed- back seriously and you can rest assure our maintenance team is looking into this so that it may never happen again.
Once again, thank you for your feedback,

Yolanda Petereit -GM
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stay at this hotel about 4 times per year and stay at the Hampton Inn across the street about the same amount of days yearly. The Holiday Inn is clean and quiet and they always treat me well. Breakfast is good but at times they open a few minutes late and it seems as though they are a little unprepared. It could be that an employee is late for work from time to time which causes this. Otherwise I'd recommend this hotel to anyone going to Corsicana, TX or just as a convenient stop along the way.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lou C
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

This hotel is excellent. From the minute you are greeted at check-in or told "come back again soon" at check-out, you are constantly in the hands of true professionals. The rooms are VERY clean; the breakfast is excellent; and the staff is outstanding. They cannot do enough for you. DRD

Room Tip: All of the rooms are a little unique. I prefer 101 or 425.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Yolanda P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Corsicana, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Corsicana, Texas.
The HIE Team appreciates that you stated it was home away from home.

I do apologize if you got a bad impression of the General Manager which is me, and hope you still stay at our hotel in the future.

Thank you for your kind words regarding my staff, and please rest assure I take your comments seriously.

Corsicana, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I live in Corsicana and needed a place to stay while having extensive work done on our home. We stayed at our local Holiday Inn Express for two weeks. We were comfortable and found the staff to be very helpful. Michelle at the front desk went out of her way to be accommodating, as did everyone from the maintenance man who repaired our bathroom light to the ladies who prepared the excellent complimentary breakfast each morning.

The only thing we found very disturbing was that the hotel manager made it a regular habit to dress down and even curse her staff members in the presence of patrons and other staff members alike. Our room was close to the front desk, so we were witness to this nasty scene more than once. We hated seeing these nice employees bullied by this woman. Except for this obvious lack of impulse control on the part of the manager, we were very comfortable during our stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
The HIE Team appreciates that you stated it was home away from home.