“Sunday lunch”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2014

The food is good. I had the Fajita Salad (chicken) and the chicken was very nicely seasoned. It came with pico de gallo and guacamole. Husband had chicken enchiladas and he enjoyed them. The food is a bit higher than some but it's been there forever.

The building is older, inside it is darker than I like but that was the style when they built the place. Our waiter was excellent. However, the man that checked us out wasn't very business oriented. He took our money and never said a word. I had also approached him to get a to go cup for my tea and, again, had nothing to say. Maybe he was having a bad day.

I recommend the restaurant. And make sure you try the orange dip for your tostadas. YUMMY

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Went to OMI for lunch again today. Tried the beef Fajita Nachos with 'veggies added' for the first time and really liked it. They add bell pepper slices, onions, a few tomato slivers, and carrots, and grill that before serving. It was good !. We got there just after noon, on a Sunday, and expected it to be busy. And it was. We waited about 25 mins for a table. Once we were seated the server greeted us IMMEDIATELY and took our drink orders. Then our food orders and even though it was busy our food came out, hot, in just a few mins. Our waiter, Miguel, has been a server at OMI for years and they better take care of him as he is a true asset. This is not my first, or probably even my 30th trip to OMI but I enjoyed the Nachos with added veggies - and the superior service - so I decided to review them again.

1  Thank CarolDEnnis
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We were drawn in by all the comments about orange dip. I enjoyed it mixed with the salsa which has a good spiciness. Great drink specials.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I haven't ever had a Mexican restaurant flavor like this or the "orange dip" that it is so popular for. It is a family receipe that everyone is always trying to make. Good food but the cheese on most of the dishes is very rich like Velveeta cheese not shredded cheddar.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This place has bad service and the food is not very good. On top of that, the server sang me Happy Birthday and asked how old I was after I specifically asked her not to.

2  Thank Raquel703