“Still good”

Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Gun Barrel City, Texas
“Still good”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Went to OMI for lunch again today. Tried the beef Fajita Nachos with 'veggies added' for the first time and really liked it. They add bell pepper slices, onions, a few tomato slivers, and carrots, and grill that before serving. It was good !. We got there just after noon, on a Sunday, and expected it to be busy. And it was. We waited about 25 mins for a table. Once we were seated the server greeted us IMMEDIATELY and took our drink orders. Then our food orders and even though it was busy our food came out, hot, in just a few mins. Our waiter, Miguel, has been a server at OMI for years and they better take care of him as he is a true asset. This is not my first, or probably even my 30th trip to OMI but I enjoyed the Nachos with added veggies - and the superior service - so I decided to review them again.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank CarolDEnnis

Boulder Creek, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family Run and Family Friendly”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We were drawn in by all the comments about orange dip. I enjoyed it mixed with the salsa which has a good spiciness. Great drink specials.

Visited April 2014
Corsicana, Texas
“A taste its own!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I haven't ever had a Mexican restaurant flavor like this or the "orange dip" that it is so popular for. It is a family receipe that everyone is always trying to make. Good food but the cheese on most of the dishes is very rich like Velveeta cheese not shredded cheddar.

• Visited October 2013
“Historically Horrible”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This place has bad service and the food is not very good. On top of that, the server sang me Happy Birthday and asked how old I was after I specifically asked her not to.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Raquel703
New York City, New York
“an old friend”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I used to eat here when I was a child with my family. It's good to see it's still around and the famous and secret orange sauce is still being served. However, this place isn't terrific. The service is careless and sloppy (waiters have on t-shirts and baseballs hats for some reason), the food is just average (cold and tasteless), the room is dark and a dirty (very hard to find enough light to read the menu), the conversations and crying babies are very loud (lots of families). It's not a place for a relaxed meal. You can barely hear the people at your own table but you can hear everyone else. I hadn't been there in about twenty years. It was a lot better in the old days. This is not great Mexican food at all. I always loved the family who owned this place and they truly used to know how to cook great food.

• Visited January 2014