“Disappointing Stay”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Corsicana
Southwest Missouri
“Disappointing Stay”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

First off if you can drive past Corsicana and find a different city to stay in. When we arrived the front desk clerk really was not equipped to do her job. We had went through price line to book our room and paid prior to our arrival. She told me she needed my credit card to pay for the room which I responded that the room was already paid for and showed her my confirmation. She then insisted on running it through. We then went to our "non-smoking room" which smelled like cigarette smoke covered up with Lysol spray. Room was dirty and disappointing to say the least. Local restaurants were poor and the overall area was pretty dirty. Drive past and find a different city!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
44558, General Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear Ptarka,
Thank you for selecting our hotel for your overnight accommodation needs.
We are very sorry to hear that you did not like our city and the surrounding area like restaurants and hotels.
I know you were concerned about the personal credit card information asked for incidental charges. I want to assure you that we were just following the instructions provided by the 3rd party websites like priceline, orbitz, travelocity, etc. As they informed us that we can only put room and tax on their credit card and get guest personal credit card for incidental charges for all the reservations. I also wanted to assure you that your credit card was never change or authorized for any amount at all.
If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 903-872-0020.

Harry Patel
BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dickinson, Texas
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Wow! We were treated like 1st class visitors by the staff. The rooms were clean and well appointed, and the breakfast was great. They were having some sort of cricket migration in the area, but were doing a wonderful job of keeping the critters out. It was a great stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

It encourages us more when our work is appreciated by the guest.

Thank you for letting us know about your great stay at our hotel.

We are really happy to hear that your stay was great and you really liked our clean well appointed rooms, the hot breakfast and the great friendly service from our staff members.

We really like the feedback from our guest. It helps us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Thank you again for your recent staying with us.

Harry Patel
Seattle
Reviewed March 28, 2012

My spouse and I spent one night at this motel. It was clean, well kept, had an elevator for my temporarily disabled husband. Overall, the motel itself was fine.

I had one problem with it.

THe newspaper machine in the lobby stole the money I put in it. Just chunked it into the cash box and absolutely refused to open up and allow me to get the newspaper I;'d paid for.

I told the man running the front desk that the machine had taken my money.

He refused to give me a refund. It was not his machine, he said, sorry. He gave me a telephone number for a man named "Kenny". Kenny could be reached after 8 AM and maybe would be able to come out and give me a refund.

Being that I was on a tight travel schedule, I couldn't wait around for two hours waiting for someone to maybe kindasorta come out and give me a dollar's worth of change.
IF he bothered...I wonder if his machine was rigged to NEVER dispense a newspaper?

So I had to leave, a dollar poorer but a dollar wiser.

Best Western and the manager of this motel, listen up.

You have a bad policy here. When a machine on your property malfunctions, it's up to you to fix it or recompense the customer.
By having a newspaper machine on your establishment, you are making it a 'convenience for your customer'. Whether the machine is yours or not is not the point. It's on YOUR PROPERTY, and thus, when the machine malfunctions, you are responsible. Why couldn't the clerk have given me a dollar and then hit Kenny up for it when he came to refill the machine?

I'm not blaming the desk clerk. He felt badly for me. I told him I was disappointed in Best Western, not him. He was only following orders.
It made no sense for me to wait several hours for a dollar refund.

But it sure made for a sorry impression of this motel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SeattleMeadowlark
44558, Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing us for your overnight accommodation needs.
We are very glad that you liked the clean, comfortable and well kept room of our hotel.
Also we are very sorry to hear that you had a problem with the news paper machine at the hotel.
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we have used the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.
I want to assure you that I have personally contacted Kenny the news paper machine owner and had him change the old news paper machine. Now we have the brand new news paper machine for convenience of the guest. I also had him change the refund policy for the guest right away at the hotel instead of having him issue any refund later with the guest. He also apologized for the inconvenience that his old machine has caused.

Oklahoma
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Very nice, clean rooms. Good breakfast, Friendly Staff.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
44558, Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you very much for sharing you experience with us during your staying at our hotel.

We are very glad to hear that your stay was really pleasant and you really liked our rooms, the hot breakfast and the helpful staff.

Thank you again for your recent staying with us. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Lawton, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Our stay at Best Western was a stopping point on the way to and from Galveston, from Oklahoma. The hotel was clean, the breakfast was hot, and the staff was helpful. My husband had lost his glasses behind the nightstand. We looked but overlooked them. After allowing time for housekeeping to clean, we returned to the hotel to see if they had located them. They had not, but they made one final sweep and found them for us. We appreciated their helpfulness. The drive is longer if you can't see.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side have a better view.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
44558, Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this review, November 20, 2011
Dear Sir / Madam,

First of all thank you for choosing our property for your recent overnight accommodation.

Also we are very glad that we could help you with your missing glasses because I remember that was a rainy dark day and it could be very hard drive for you without those glasses.

Sulphur Springs, Texas
Reviewed October 18, 2011

As far as we are concerned the Best place to stay in Corsicana. Asked for and received a room with little walking involved. Decent sized rooms, nice furnishings, GREAT Free Hot Breakfast, though nothing fancy. Friendly staff. No complaints. Have stayed in Hotels that were twice the price and not any better. Good value for the money.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
44558, Manager at Best Western Executive Inn, responded to this review, October 30, 2011
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 903-872-0020.

Texarkana, Texas
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This hotel is a winner. Hotel staff are friendly, personable and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfy. You will do good to find any better value for your dollar.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corsicana
Hampton Inn & Suites Corsicana
#5 of 8 in Corsicana
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 7 in Ennis

Been to Best Western Executive Inn? Share your experiences!