“Fruitcakes to Sandwiches”

Collin Street Bakery
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Corsicana
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Known for their fruitcakes that they ship all over the world, they also have outstanding sandwiches, salads and pastries. A tradition if traveling along I-45 from Dallas to Houston.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Was visiting Waco, TX and my wife took me here because she knows how much I love a good bakery. Collins St. bakery in Corsicana is the one to go to. There is another near Baylor in Waco but they don’t have as much selection. Anything you could want is here. Donuts, pastries, cookies, cakes, pies fresh sandwiches and 10 cent coffee. I’m not a coffee drinker but surprisingly it was fresh and quality. We got there about 9 in the morning and everything was fully stocked fresh and ready to be sold. The cinnamon twist and glazed donuts were my favorite. AND…the cheapest prices I have ever seen for a real bakery and quality baked goodies! I know this bakery is known, but they still keep it really authentic. My wife was shocked when I told her this in n my list of favorite places to eat. When I am back in town this is going to be my first stop.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Have been receiving these fabulous cakes and sending them to family members for 25 years - the exceptional quality has remained consistent to this day. We always look forward to receipt of this treat and they make the perfect Christmas gift for those who don't need more "stuff". Although the cakes may seem expensive a small amount goes a long way and ours lasts well into the New Year.

1  Thank Gail E
Reviewed October 18, 2013

From all the ads and billboards I was expecting to be impressed. I wasn't. As a bakery it I okay and as a restaurant it was average. Too much hype not enough delivery.

1  Thank ALincoln53
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Everyone knows they make the best fruitcake in the world, but have you every tried their cookies and cheesecake? We did and they are fantastic. We were also shown the famous bakery where all the goodies are made. We saw a long line of bakers preparing their famous fruitcakes. They were loading on all those great pecans. The staff was great and we enjoyed all the samples and the great coffee for a dime. It's always nice to see how a great product is made.