“Great Place to Pick Up Fruit Cakes and Rolls”

Collin Street Bakery
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Corsicana
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
The Woodlands, Texas
“Great Place to Pick Up Fruit Cakes and Rolls”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I liked their praline cookies, cheese rolls and pecan bread. The fruit cakes looked tasty but I did not buy any of it. It is a great place to stop by for a quick and not so expensive lunch. Chicken salad was just okay, tasted bland to me.

Visited May 2013

Omaha, Nebraska
“Great for what it is”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

This was a surprise. On the drive between Dallas and Houston on 45, it is pretty much all chain food, and not even much decent chain. This place tales a little effort to find, but is only 6 blocks or so off the exit. It is clean, open, inviting.g, with ample Parkin.g. Part of it is a bakery, with a wide variety of cookies, cakes, breads and the like. For meals, they have soups, salads, sandwiches and paninis. We split one of the latter, ham and cheese on rye, one of 10 or so bread options, and each had a bowl of tomato florentine soup. Excellent, and filling. With two teas (4 or more are offered daily, along with many other options), lunch was $13. The service was friendly and helpful (an off duty deputy sheriff who works there part time as security even volunteered to refill our drinks). You can sure do a lot worse. Nice place.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jays911
Panama City, Florida
“Excellent baked goods”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Realize there are two locations: the original bakery downtown and the newer retail shop closer to I-45. I've never been to the new location but I've been to the bakery countless times. Their baked goods are the star. For me, I like all the various flavors of fruit cake and they typically have sample pieces available to try. I also like their cookies, specifically the cherry ice box, macaroons and pecan pralines. I haven't really tried anything else like the breads, sandwiches or coffee drinks. I always stop here when I'm in Corsicana.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Rather_Nomadic
Austin, Texas
“Worth the trip.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

The Collin Street Bakery has been a tradition in my family for as long as I can remember. Even though I haven't lived there for many years I still enjoy stopping by when I can for a box of favorite goodies to bring back to family and friends. The cherry icebox cookies are my personal favorite. Christmas wouldn't be the same without them. We also recommend the fruit nut cookies, the pralines, and the chocolate pecan clusters. Of course, the bakery is best known for its fruit cake. I'm not a fruitcake fan so I can't speak from personal experience but many of my relatives rave about it and are especially fond of their apricot fruitcake. The dill lovers in my family recommend their dill bread and the pecan bread is delicious as well. We enjoy serving it for breakfast or for making tea sandwiches. We prefer the downtown location, mainly for sentimental reasons but it does seem quieter and less touristy. The staff have always been patient and cordial. We've never had any problems.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Honeyfitz874
Somerville, Texas
“Review of restaurant not baked goods!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Ok so Collin Street Bakery has some pretty good bake goods. There are cookies, cakes pastries and the world famous fruit cake that I won't eat. But this is about my experience ordering a sandwich for lunch. A friend and I stopped on our way to Dallas to have lunch. We both agreed it was a mistake. We would have had a better sandwich at Subway! Would you believe that they only add 2 ounces of meat to their sandwiches? I had tuna and she had ham. Bread was good and that was a good thing since the meat portion was so small. Disappointed is the only word I can find for this experience. Go for the sweets or tea but skip the sandwiches.

• Visited January 2013