“Very friendly staff”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Corsicana
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Corsicana
Reviewed December 1, 2011

This hotel, while really just off the highway is a little odd to get to, at least in the dark. Had to do a very late check in. I called ahead of time to let them know. Got there and they were very friendly and made us feel welcome. The hotel is very clean. Nice room with comfortable beds. Wireless worked great in the room. The hot tub was not working that day but wasn't an issue for us. In the room there was a dent in the bathroom door on the bathroom side. We went down for breakfast in the morning and it was a small selection of food but what they had was good and the lay out was efficient and clean. I would definately stay here again. Even the mantenance guy that was on staff was friendly and offered directions as we left.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 21, 2011

Ok any hotel can have kids in the room above you making noise until midnight but walls seemed thin and hallway noise was disturbing
Our room was very difficult to lock the striker plate looked bent. In one of the fire exits the exit was blocked or disabled . Outside the knob had been removed --is this safe ? Will call the local fire department and ask. Rooms were clean and spacious for the price but I would not stay there again

Room Tip: Upper floor (4) only/. Check if the fire exit is open /insist on the quietest room possible
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Toting around a toddler means we prefer to break up the drive between Denton and Houston, whenever we can. This is a good stopping point for us on the way down, and with my AAA discount it cost us about $53. We opened the door to our second-floor room to find the bed stripped and standing upright! The clerk obviously hadn't been aware of this, but he quickly got us a larger room on the same floor -- with a usable bed. The room was tidy and neat, and the hotel seems to be on the newer side. Breakfast wasn't the best we've had at a La Quinta, but we're quite content with Texas-shaped waffles.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I booked a stay here on the points I have earned using the LQ Returns program. It was a Sunday through Friday stay. I upgraded the room to a suite using the points + $20/night option. So, upon arrival my card was authorized for $113 (estimate of entire stay). THEN, my card was authorized for that same amount TWICE per day, EVERY DAY I stayed there. On Thursday, I was contacted by my bank about these multiple LQ charges. La Quinta had authorized my card EIGHT times at $113 each, effectively making over $900 unavailable to me. So I couldn't spend the money in my own bank account due to LQ authorizing it and I only owed them $113. The "manager's" response? Oh those auhtorizations will drop off in 3-5 days. It's no big deal. Nice. So after multiple calls between my bank and the manager's manager (sidenote: if you have any problems at this hotel, skip over the manager -- she has to call her boss in Katy to answer any little question), I got it resolved. Then, before I had a chance to check out on Friday, they went ahead and authorized my card one last time!! So, unless you have $1000 or so extra dollars in the bank for LQ-Corsicana to tie up for a week or two, skip this hotel and stay somewhere with better practices!
Aside from that, the rooms are decent enough and the breakfast is OK!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Knowledgeable, friendly clerk quickly added a second room for us at check-in. Rooms were beautiful, clean. Comfortable beds. Enjoyed exercise room and indoor pool. Breakfast was 2 cereals, muffins, bagels, bread, instant oatmeal, make your own waffles, coffee, 2 juices, variety of tea bags, milk. Hotel was quiet, but could hear I-45 distantly. Easy access to I-45. Safe area.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2011

As far as being hard to find, we had no problem. It's not the four seasons but it's nice. I'd say it's a very solid 2 star hotel. I got it on Hotwire for $50 so that made it even nicer. The location is right off the highway so it's great if you're pulling in to rest for the night. It was a quiet, clean and cheap one night stay. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2011

As stated in previous reviews, the hotel is hard to enter. Signage is poor and it is easy to miss. The room was clean and average in size and decor. The toilet seat was old and loose and kept sliding off the bowl. Our door appeared to be locked, but upon double checking, it wasn't. You had to keep pulling it closed and that meant you had to keep banging the door shut making a loud racket. The "Bright Side Breakfast" was a real joke. They offered NO juice and had NO milk for the two cereals. And there were no hot breakfast items! Needless to say, we went elsewhere for breakfast. This La Quinta is certainly not up to par with others we have stayed and would not come back.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple