“Better than Expected”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Copperas Cove
Gilmer, Texas
“Better than Expected”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We chose this hotel after seeing the Trip Advisor ratings, and we were happy to find it even better than expected. We were attending a funeral in Burnet, Texas, but there were no rooms left there except one that was panned by all the reviewers here. So, we settled for a commute, and ended up loving it.

Our rooms were large and clean, with comfortable beds and pillows, and plenty of room for children to spread out. We loved the fridge/microwave area, with its own bar sink and storage cabinets for snacks. I hate to find the coffee pot in the bathroom in a hotel. The arrangement of the room was convenient--dressing area first, then couch and coffee area, then bed area past the half wall.

The pool looked wonderful, but it was not yet open for the season. The hotel is easy to get to, and lies between a Walmart and a nice H.E.B. grocery store, but everything is so spread out with grassy areas between that traffic noise was not an issue.

Breakfast was very good, with boiled eggs each morning, and either pre-cooked sausage or pre-cooked bacon to microwave, in addition to the usual breads and pastries. I like that the eggs and meat were stored in a glass-front refrigerator on the counter, and patrons could pick their own and heat it when ready. Seems cleaner than leaving it out at room temperature with barely adequate hot trays under it. There was yogurt in the fridge too--better than floating them in kind of cold water that everyone dips their hands into, with a few ice cubes, like I have seen elsewhere. And they had a waffle iron for freshly baked waffles--yum. And I liked the ample selection of teabags for brewing hot tea, which is nice for those of us who don't just stick to coffee. No one left hungry.

All the staff we met were polite and friendly. They kept the breakfast area clean and stocked. We had a great couple of nights' sleep, in quiet rooms with good air conditioners. This hotel eased the burden of a sad trip. We would stay here again anytime.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank misspeaches4321

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
McCamey, Texas
Reviewed May 31, 2013

my wife and i had to go check on my brother in law, and i had not check on rooms, i called the best western in copperas cove, and they had only one room avaliable, the clerk was very nice and helpful. when we got there the clerk was courtious and helped us with getting a room on the first floor, this motel does not have a elevator for the second floor, she let us know about the breakfast, when it would end, and said have a good night and if we need anything call. the room was clean and comfortable. we left to check on my brother in law and found that he had gotten worse. when we returned for the night i ask the clerk if we could stay two more nights in the same room, she was great, she said not a problem i will take care of this, is there anything else i can help you with. great service, great price, and a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank VERNON432
Harry B, General Manager at Best Western Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
6/1/13

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at our hotel. Your feed back to us is very important to us to know about your experience. We appreciate you and hope during your future visit you will again stay with us.

Harry Bhatt
G.M
Alberta
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I try and come here once a years and I always stay at this hotel.
It has never let me down. Clean rooms, quiet, and great customer service. Has everything you need. Thumbs up to Stefanie and Tammy who are real nice and helpful.
I stay pretty busy when I am there visiting my friends and family and it is nice to have this as my home away from home.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank hiplainsdrifters
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The rooms are spacious, beds are so comfortable, I wanted to take the bed and the pillows home with me. Love the breakfast! The waffles are the shape of Texas! How awesome is that! My advice is stay at the best western in Copperas Cove. 5 star hotel hands down.

• Stayed March 2013
Midland, Texas
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I come to stay at this hotel several times a year because I work overseas. I am ALWAYS impressed with the staff, very friendly. One employee that works there is Steph. She is ALWAYS helpful, highly knowledgeable of her job and completely professional. I Love this hotel and would not ever consider staying anyplace else. It has EVERYTHING you need. Like a home away from home. I HIGHLY recommend them and you wont regret it! Continental breakfast if you want it, a beautiful pool (enjoyed in season of course). Absolute best first class hotel ever!!!!

Room Tip: the king suite it the best
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Mallory P
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Great property. The room was spacious, neat, clean and modern. From check in with Daniel to check out, this was a very nice stay. Daniel recommended an amazing restaurant for dinner and went out of her way to geniunely ensure we had everything we wanted. So five stars from me, It was an outstanding value too.

Room Tip: No worries, give them a call. This is a excellent value and nice place to stay. We will be back...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John Robin G
Choctaw, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I from Oklahoma travelled to Texas for a family funeral...I have to compliment the entire front desk crew...BIG UPS to Dennis the first person we met checking in...so polite and service was very well performed...mantainence guy Mr. Laron (sorry if misspelled), but his performance changing our AC unit was OUTSTANDING :) it was like he did everything with his eyes closed the dude was so, so amazing...HOUSEKEEPING you ladies ROCK :) your smiles/politeness then the honesty of finding my jewelry box and turning it in shows that you all LOVE the job and take PRIDE in what you all do...DENNIS you are amazing to even call and inform us about the jewelry box :) OUTSTANDING....MS. DANELLE your smile, warm greeting and performance shows your GREAT TALENT :)...I must recommend EVERYONE should get the EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR and a bonus/pay raise too...BEST WESTERN THIS IS AN AMAZING STAFF ALL THE FRONT DESK SHIFT/HOUSE KEEPING and LARON (maintenance dude)...my heart was sadden due to the funeral status, but the entire crew at BEST WESTERN made things at ease and pleasant to deal with...THANK YOU!!!!...HAVE A GREAT/SAFE AND BLESSD DAS FOREVER!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

#4 of 5 in Copperas Cove
Courtyard Killeen
Courtyard Killeen
#2 of 33 in Killeen

Been to Best Western Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!