“Don't waste your money”

Comfort Suites
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Copperas Cove
“Don't waste your money”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Awful front desk service, elevator was disgusting I was afraid to touch anything. It was more like a roach motel I would not stay there again if you paid me too. . Room was not "cleaned". Internet was awful. Breakfast was unappetizing.

• Stayed November 2012
mike B, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
On behalf of my team and myself, i truely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel. Let me assure you that we have a high turn over with our housekeeping staff and we are trying to train our employees to make sure every guest is satisfied with the services we offer.
Again, I apologize for the shortcomings.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Estevan, Canada
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

We are from Canada and finding a hotel under a hundred dollars is almost unheard of..unless you are staying at a complete dive. So we were a little skeptical at first. For $79 a night we had a large room with 2 comfy beds plus a separate sitting (couch and desk) area, clean bathrooms, microwave and fridge and breakfast in the morning! We were there for 3 nights but were visiting family so we never even made it to the pool area.

• Stayed September 2012
Copperas Cove, Texas
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Great hotel with great accomodations. Continental breakfast is served always hot. Room Service is very good. Indoor pool is a definite plus for the summer time since it is very hot outside. Rooms are very spacious. Amber at the front desk is amazing!!! I will definitly stay here my next time here!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
KILLEEN
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Charged more than I was quoted at check-in.. Beds are hard. Rooms are hot one minute, too cold the next, nothing in between. Pool was ice cold and walls have the paint peeling.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank STUART_KilleenTx
Slidell, Louisiana
Reviewed May 14, 2012

After a several hour road trip across Texas, We were not greeted at the counter, instead, the clerk never looked up and was griping about how the computer he was using was slow. He was unprofessional, A closer look at the place , we noticed that the floors and carpet were filithy, the elevator floor was dirty. The Room (219) was dirty. Carpet had large stains, and spills were on the walls, The blankets on the bed were not fresh. The room had a slight smell. I had paid cash at the counter and was told there was only a small 12 dollar hold on my bank account, That I understand. The next morning I noticed that a 102.dollar hold instead. We had already left so I could not correct it on the spot. I stay at Comfort Suites all over Texas and this hotel is in the worst condition I have ever seen, I will stay at Holiday Inn Express from now on when in the Copperas Cove, Killeen area. Not Good!! Sorry.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 20, 2012

A coworker and I visited Fort Hood for a Job Fair. Knowing the area and the recent completion of this Comfort Suites next to the movie theatre, I recommended that she stay here. She arrived weary and tired late at night; she needed to go right to bed. The check-in was easy and quick, but when she arrived to her room there were multiple unidentifiable oily "stains" on the bed spread. She decided to take the bed spread off and ended up freezing all night, because there was something on the fritz with her thermostat. Getting ready for bed, she took off her shoes and there was a grittiness in the bathroom and some sort of "crumbs" on the carpet.
None of this was expected at a newer hotel and one that is of a reputable chain.
The price was competitive for the caliber that the hotel could have been, when clean...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JJ S
Murfreesboro, TN
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Just returned home today from a weekend stay in Texas. The hotel is in a great location. It is located about 8 miles from the Killeen-Fort Hood Airport. There are several restaurants and gas stations close by. It is directly behind Wal-Mart and next to a movie theater. The exterior of the hotel looks great. The hotel itself does not look that old. Plenty of parking and well lit at night. The interior is clean and well lit. It looks well maintained. Check-in was quick and painless. All of the staff was pleasant and helpful. It is refreshing to walk into a place and get the feeling that they are glad you are staying there.
Our room was clean and stocked with all the basics necessities. Everything in the room worked fine. The shower had adequate pressure and plenty of hot water. We reserved a suite with 2 king beds. I did not realize until we walked into the room that one bed was actually in a separate room. That worked out great for us. Each room had a closet, night stands with lamps, dresser, television and a heat and a/c unit.
The hot breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, biscuits, gravy and sausage links. They also had the waffle maker with regular and blueberry waffle mix, fresh fruit, pastries, milk, juice and coffee. The breakfast area was clean and they kept it well stocked. They also had the delicious fresh cookies in the afternoon at the front desk.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen
Super 8 Copperas Cove
Super 8 Copperas Cove
#4 of 5 in Copperas Cove

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!