“Copperas Cove: A quiet, cozy town”

Super 8 Copperas Cove

Reviewed November 21, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This was the worst experience I have ever had at a motel, and guess what it was Yours! Congratulations. First off, who charges for pets? Super 8 does, no one else does. Upon check in, front desk clerk, which we'll call JOAN, asked if I needed additional time for check out. I kindly asked what time can you extend it til? JOAN say 2pm at the latest. I kindly accepted this and believe it was possible...The next day I arrive back at the hotel from my event, which brought hundreds of people to this town, around 12:30. My card doesn't work, so JOAN activates it and says nothing about they changed by checkout time til 1!!! So I go to the room and start cleaning up, at 1 pm exactly the maid knocks on the door ask if im staying another night? I said no, but Ill be out soon. And she walks off (I still think my check out was 2pm b/c no one has said anything). 5 min later, during this time the maid calls STEVE, the Manager, and complains about me being there late, I get a phone call from JOAN saying she just charged my credit card another night!! I was out 5 minutes later...with all my stuff and proceeded to the office. JOAN claims she said 12 (lady do you have dementia??) but was being nice by extending it til 1....Joan lied to the maid and her boss STEVE just so she didn't have to admit she told me 2, which would get her in trouble!! This only covers half the story which only covers the the crappy level of service I received by the "employees and manager and maids" I'm not even gonna go into the god awful facilities they had..............................STEVE THIS IS NOT HOW YOU THE PEOPLE WHO KEEP YOU IN BUSINESS!!!! IM POSTING THIS ANYWHERE AND EVERYWHERE FYI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: "To choose a good room, look for another motel in Copperas Cove"
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is the third time my husband and I have stayed at this hotel,. Each time we have stayed here, the staff is friendly, the room is clean and comfortable, and the prices are very reasonable. During this last visit, the fridge didn't work and we had already purchased groceries that were in danger of spoiling. I called the front desk and reported the problem. When we returned to our room later that day, they had removed the non-working fridge and put a new (and very cold) one in the room. I was delighted they fixed the problem so promptly. We plan to stay here the next time we are in the area, and I recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We checked several other hotels and this was the only one we'd found that would allow pets. (We did find a local "flop house" motel, but left there soon as we saw the room - still gives me the willies)

We were happy with the friendly desk clerk, and our room. The tub had cigarrette burns (in a non-smoking room) but the room was clean.

Breakfast we very minimal (cereal, pre-packaged bagles, coffee). There is an outdoor pool, but it was always full of kids when we thought about going out.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2010

This place was very nasty. they tud was gross and it smelled like smoke and mold. the toilet ran all night long and there were bugs flying around. i know that this place had been renovated but it already looks horrible again. i would not wish for anyone to stay there ever.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2009

It was late, we needed a room and the Super 8 (nowadays) had a good room for a very reasonable price.

It was 'cricket-season' and when we entered the room, there was one of those friends on the wall. I catched it myself, and it was no problem. The hotel was aware of this, explaining it with a written notice in every room. If one of these bugs was in your room, you could call and they would remove it or give you another room.

It was that time of the year and you can expect that in this part of Texas!

Room was clean and spacious, staff was helpfull and the motel is located near the highway with plenty of food-options nearby. It was all we were looking for, and had a good stay. Would definitelt stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple