“I was pretty disappointed”
Review of Hard Eight BBQ

Hard Eight BBQ
Ranked #1 of 98 Restaurants in Coppell
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We got a to-go order.
Chicken poppers had good flavor, but were kind of dry.
Brisket was partially sliced and the rest was chopped up; something I don't expect when ordering sliced brisket. It was tasty though.
Sausage was delicious!
Beef ribs were really good, but not a lot of meat on each rib.
Mac and cheese was typical Velveeta Shells and Cheese.
Potato salad was really good.
Pinto beans were undercooked and not the best flavor for my taste.
Cream sweet corn was not good at all. The corn was way overcooked.
Onion rings were delicious! They were very crispy.
I couldn't eat their sauce at all. I used my own Kraft Honey BBQ sauce from the fridge.
We also ordered two buns for 50 cents each and they were hard. No where near the soft category.

I had been wanting to try this place for awhile. I was pretty disappointed that I didn't like so many of the items.

If I go back I will get a sausage sandwich with either potato salad or onion rings. But I think it will be awhile before I get another craving. I wish I could have a partial refund as we spend close to $60.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,605)

Reviewed September 1, 2013

1. brisket, the best thing there, was stringy.
2. ham, dry and tasteless
3. ribs, not so good.
4. ham - very dry.
5. potato salad, too much mustard for my tastes.
6. beans were not baked beans but pinto beans. free, but I would rather just buy baked beans.
7. apple cider vinegar barbeque - just because its creative doesn't make it good. the candy tasting sauce wasn't real good either.
8. cobbler - massive amounts of dough, very little fruit.
9. corn on the cob, bland

every thing I order was foods I love. this taste like health food. I had to throw out have the food -something I never do.

1  Thank m v
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Inconsistent. I've had really tasty ribs in the past, but the past few times that we've visited, they were dry. I find the brisket a bit bland, compared to other BBQ joints in the metroplex. I'd rather go to the Stephenville location, where their pit master is more experienced and consistent.

This is still a great place to take visitors, as the ambience captures the essence of Texas BBQ.

The sandwich is a good value. The ribs are overpriced.

1  Thank ListyD
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is by far the best BBQ in Texas ! Great food, tasty and lots of options. When you arrive there is a BBQ pit master that will help you choose your meat. Is sold by the pound and then inside you'll find the side dishes and drinks. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The Brisket and ribs were extremely delicious, the poppers (chicken breast wrapped in bacon and jalapeños) were excellent too. We basically chose everything so we can try, since we were visiting Dallas. Like I said, come to this place you won't regret it !!

1  Thank GreySaintCroix_USVI
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Ribs and Sausage were my favorite. Flew in for business and my hotel dropped me off and picked me up. Staff, especially Christian were great. Christian really delivered Texas Hospitality. I will be back. Great experiece for visitors.