“Love this place!”

Hard Eight BBQ
Ranked #1 of 100 Restaurants in Coppell
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 6, 2013

It's my "go-to" when in the mood for some BBQ or meat. It is pricey but worth it. And the smell! Mmmmm!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

This place has great meat selections; they really know how to impart that wonderful smoke flavor with their hardwood selections. The sides are all serve yourself-pay per item with the exception of all you can eat pinto beans (yum!). They also have a decent choice of deserts. Price is moderately high but not out of line for BBQ.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We were looking for a unique Texas BBQ experience and we found it! You can read other reviews, or the sign at the front door of the restaurant, regarding how to order. My advice, trust that your eyes are bigger than your stomach -- we all had a lot of leftover food! And given the price, it's a shame to let any go to waste. There were three of us and we all had various size portions of ribs, chicken, sausage and brisket, plus soft drinks, mac & cheese, french fries and bread = $60. We liked everything we had, and the brisket and ribs were definitely better than the std restaurant fare. The only thing we didn't love was the (free) baked beans, and we all left STUFFED!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have been to Hard 8 several times and it is consistant in its quality - which is very good. Definitely go for the brush poppers while you are there.
Meats are pay by weight, so you can get as much or as little as you want. The have a great corn on the cob that has been smoked in the husk, I have to get that everytime I go.
It is a BBQ place, so this is not for a fancy night out. Depending on the crowd,you may even end up sharing a long table with strangers, but it is not a bother.
Only downside is the parking situation. It is a hard to get in and out of there during their peak times. Yesterday they had a group of 50 reserve the patio and then the normal dinner crowd. People were circling the small lot looking for a place to park. I do wish they would have a second parking lot or overflow lot available.
That being said, the line moved pretty quickly for it being so crowded.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

This place looks like it should be a real icon of Texas BBQ. It's not. The meats are dry, the sauce is not very good, and everything else is worse. The "Pit Master" who cuts your meats for you is a rude jerk, to boot. He glares at you with obvious disgust if you show the slightest hint of uncertainty of what you would like. He managed to insult my wife and almost got punched in the nose.
I do not understand why the parking lot fills up. It must be out of towners who don't know better. This place is not far from the DFW Airport. I saw this place on Monday Night Football once where they come back from commercial and show a sampling of the unique local cuisine. The place does look Texas iconic with the rustic roadhouse feel and mesquite smoke wafting, but the food quality and sorry attitude is anything but Texan. To top it off, it is way overpriced. You can spend $20 per person to eat dried out meat on a picnic table with a plastic fork.
I went back a 2nd time to get carry out and got the same crappy attitude and dried up meat as the first time. I won't be go again, and you shouldn't either.

2  Thank Snarky8