“How wonderful is it???”
Review of Landgrove Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Landgrove
Landgrove Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Landgrove B&B and Inns
Connecticut
“How wonderful is it???”
Reviewed March 10, 2008

It is so wonderful that I had my wedding there with 30+ of my closest friends and family. I was nervous planning an out of state wedding because you never know what to expect, but everything was perfect. Even my in-laws from the friendly mid-west loved the service and smiles. Everything was so peaceful and relaxing that I found myself sunning myself with my guests by the pool only an hour and a half before walking down the aisle. My parents and my husband and I have been to the Landgrove Inn many times and the food is excellent. My mom loves the duck, My dad loves the crab cakes, I love the fillet and drunken chicken, and my husband loves the salmon with dill sauce so we served them all on the big day! Nothing but rave reviews from all our guests. If only the photos didn't take so long so I could have induldged in more of the amazing crab cakes. Everything went along so smoothly and I didn't even know they were there. With all the complaints I have heard from brides about their wedding day, I am shocked to finally say that my wedding day was the most incredible day of my life and we couldn't have had such a lovely day without all your wonderful hospitality. Thanks for everything Tom, Maureen, and Laureen!

• Liked — Service, food, relaxation...
  • Stayed September 2007
1 Thank poohbear79

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
New Jersey
Reviewed November 26, 2006

I have been going to The Landgrove Inn since I was a child, and my parents have been going there since they were in their 20's and they are now in thier late 60's. The Inn is located in the most picturesque and peacefull village of Landgrove. The roads are not paved, and the mountains surround you. There is no traffic, no noise and no congestion. If you are thinking it is in the boonies well think again, it is actually tucked away and all the land surrounding it is protected, however there are 4 major ski areas close by and the shopping is above par! There are small country stores, such as the Vermont Coutry Store, and large outlet stores in Manchester, there just is no shortage of shopping. Same goes for activities, fishing, hiking, skiing, camping, biking, hoseback riding, etc. The list goes on and on, as I'm sure you guessed. The most important thing though is the Inn. I have been going there since Jay and Cathy Snyder owned the Inn and now Tom and Maureen Checchia own the Inn. Jay and Cathy were awesome and their reputation preceeds them, Tom and Maureen have done a wonderful job taking over and are they are nicest people you will meet. They make the experience feel just like home. The food in the restaurant is amazing, especially the Steak Au Poive. Seriously, the food is wonderful, whether its the famous J-Bar breakfast in the morning or duck in evening they do a wonderful job. After that meal go straight to the lounge area which feels like an old country living area (Living Room). Sitting in one of the big couches just reading a book by the fire is wonderful, and if your not into reading a book, you may just catch a game on the big screen TV as well. Everyone there is family, even if you don't know them, so conversation is never to far away. Over all, if you are looking for a great time and also a time to relax then this is the place! Hope to see you there, I know I will be!!!

Chris, NJ

• Liked — The activities abound, the comfort of the Inn, the owners of the Inn and The Restaurant!
  • Disliked — Nothing Bad to Say!!!
  • Tips/Secrets — I have a ton, can't list them all, Check out Weston, VT, Horseback Riding or Sleigh Rides, and MAnchester VT. Also Stratton usually has a band playing everySaturday and Sunday outside with food and drinks everywhere.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank cjmskip
Ct
Reviewed August 11, 2006

My husband and I have visited this Inn many times. It is our favorite place to stay in Vermont and Vermont is our favorite place to go for "quiet time". The Inn is like a picture you would have in your mind if you thought of a perfect spot to vacation in this beautiful area. Amazing hills and trails surround this tastefully decorated Inn. It is breathtaking in the fall as well as the summer and winter. My husband and I like to take walks and this area was made for that. You will see some of the "best of Vermont" when strolling in the quaint town of Landgrove. I have also biked with my daughter and her fiancee and this area is perfect for that too! Tom was very helpful and provided the bikes for us.
Each morning you will wake up to the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and it is such a pleasure to eat breakfast in the lovley decorated dining area that looks out onto the Vermont countryside. Dinner at the Landgrove is outstanding. It is absolutely the best duck I have ever had anywhere and the filet mignon is to die for!!! It is so nice to be able to have dinner right there at the Inn. That is the number 1 attraction for my husband who is in his car all the time with his job in real estate when we are at home. After dinner you can either have a glass of wine on the outside deck or relax by the fireplace depending on the time of year. The fall folliage in this area is truly amazing!!!!
The rooms are nicely decorated and very comfortable. Number 1 and 2 are favorites. They both have a balcony where you can have a glass of wine and look out at the great outdoors.
Tom and Maureen are friendly innkeepers and always make our stay a pleasant one. If there is anything you need or directions you want just ask Tom and you will be well taken care of. I can't forget to mention "Loreen" she is one of the most friendly warm and inviting people I have ever met. She has a contagious smile and will do anything for you. On my last visit I arrived with a headache and she was so helpful in making me feel more comfortable. I never ended up having to take any medication at all just being there in the relaxing atmosphere and sitting by the pool took it away in no time. I could go on and on about this Inn. It will truly rekindle your love affair with nature. Thank you Tom Maureen and Loreen!!!!

• Liked — aIt is a great place to relax unwind and take in the best that nature has to offer!
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank amelia h
Also consider these accommodations in or near Landgrove
Manchester View
#1 of 4 in Londonderry
Snowdon Chalet
Snowdon Chalet
#1 of 3 in Londonderry

Been to Landgrove Inn? Share your experiences!