Landgrove Inn
Magic View Motel(Londonderry)(Great Value!)
$79
The INN at Willow Pond(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$201
$139
Four Winds Country Motel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$89
$99
Econo Lodge(Manchester)
$93
EconoLodge
The Chalet Motel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$95
Swiss Inn(Londonderry)
  • Breakfast included
Marbledge Lodge(East Dorset)
Modern Hotel(Manchester)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdirt roadhonor barbridal suitepainting workshopwinter tripdownhill skicountry roadopen to the publicseveral choicesplay tennisprix fixecross country skiducklingquintessential vermontnew englandworth the tripjacuzzi tub
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Found a lovely rustic, quintessential Vermont experience. Peaceful grounds, delicious food, comfy rooms. It was a pleasure meeting the innkeepers, who are a delight.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 2, 2011

What a wonderful vacation!
I have to preface this review by saying that I have never stayed at a Bed and Breakfast or Inn before this trip. I had no idea what to expect. But, two months after my return home, I am still glowing.
Let me start with the inn itself by describing its charm and overall comfort. The inn it absolutely breathtaking, even from the outside- picturesque as a large red inn, surrounded by a couple feet of snow and nothing else. We stayed in room 2 (which was amazing!). The room had a spacious sitting area that was complimented perfectly by a stove in the corner. It kept the room warm and inviting, and I found myself waking early in the morning to sit and read a book by the fire. Absolutely loved the convenience of walking down our stairs into the dining room, and getting hot coffee and a delicious breakfast. The staff is very friendly and accommodating but still allow you to have private time, and aren’t all over you.
The lounge was my favorite part, it is the hub of all the activity at the inn. It’s country feel, and relaxed appearance put us to ease immediately. A fire is always lit, and most afternoons a soup was cooking in the corner for guests to help themselves. They have a “honor bar” (which we used quite a bit!) where you can help yourselves, and just make a note of what you had to drink that day on a tablet. There were some days that we were alone in the lounge and got to enjoy the quiet, and there were other days (especially right before dinnertime) that the lounge was a common hangout area. There were children at the inn, but most were well behaved, and overall did not disrupt the relaxation and serenity of this vacation. The lounge has a television, but I didn’t even think about the tv or miss it at all when I was there. The guests were friendly, and the owners, Tom and Maureen, often came by to say hi and make sure we had everything we needed.
We spent most afternoons out and about, finding many different things to do within a 10-15 minute drive (typical for this area). Maureen was full of local knowledge (especially about the shopping!), and gave us some great suggestions of things to do.
My favorite part of the day was when we returned to the inn early evening and had time to relax and get ready for dinner. The bathroom in our room was very large, with a Jacuzzi tub that I used only one night. Dinner reservations were set between 6-8, and we always chose a later time. The dining room was quite busy every night we were there, and we liked waiting until the rush had died down to sit and have a quieter meal. We ate at the restaurant every night except one, and the food is very good. The owner recommended the duck to my boyfriend, and he loved it- it’s a must try. I personally had the fish of the day each night and was not disappointed.
I love getting to eat a nice meal, drink a glass (or 2!) of wine, and afterwards be able to go sit in the lounge with the fire or head upstairs if they day wiped me out.
The inn has a relaxing feeling to it, not stuffy or uptight, but still nice enough that I felt like I was on vacation. The rooms are not incredibly modern, but that was clearly not the intent of the owners. The rooms give off more of a laid-back, country feel- which was incredibly welcoming in the middle of February.
We tried snowshoeing, my boyfriend doing much better at it than me- it’s hard work! You can rent snowshoes or cross-country skies right there from the inn, and they maintain trails for miles and miles (or so it seemed! phew!). We also took the horse-drawn sleigh ride through the country, and although it was beautiful and most of the guests really enjoyed it, I was clearly allergic to the horses, and would not spend the money on that again. We got to explore the town occasionally during the day, and even talked ourselves into snow tubing at one of the many ski resorts around.
To be honest, I don’t think my words can do this gem of a getaway justice. I am very much looking forward to coming back this coming year, and hopefully bringing some family and friends!

Room Tip: Loved Room 2!
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2011

The Landsgrove Inn is truly a classic. It offers a warm, cozy atmosphere as well as excellent meals. After a day or two you'll realize that the innkeepers, Tom and Maureen, and their staff do everything they can to make feel like you are with friends. In their case, friends who can prepare incredible dinners and any all most any kind of breakfast you want before you head out into the Vermont winter.
The Inn is on a country road but gives skiers good access to Okemo, Stratton and other ski areas. Cross country skiers can just step outdoors and use the Inn's own trails. In the evening you come back to a wood fire in the lounge. The rates for room, breakfast and dinner are quite reasonable. The rooms very greatly from having a private Jacuzzi to sharing a bathroom. The rates are so reasonable that you should go for the best available.

Room Tip: Get the best available
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 1, 2011

We went to Vermont on a whim, and were referred to The Landgrove Inn by a colleague at work who has been staying there since he was a kid, over 40 years. He takes his family there 3 to 4 times every winter and suggested we check it out. From the moment we entered and were greeted by a lovely Swedish woman with a welcoming smile, the Inn was a very warm, friendly place. Everyone from the woman at the front desk to the waitresses at breakfast and dinner to the owners themselves who are always around, everyone was so friendly and seemed to enjoy just being there. I was amazed how they knew everyone's name from the kids to the adults. I thought it was because they all seemed to stay there frequently until I was greeted by name at breakfast. We stayed in room #19 which was very comfortable, clean, nicely appointed and warm. It was all we needed for our weekend stay. Most of the activity seems to take place in the common rooms where all the guests mingle day and night, and outdoors. The bar/lounge was a great place to meet people, sit by the fire and read or watch sports on the big-screen TV. Although many of the other guests seemed to know one another, we didn't feel out of place as everyone was extremely friendly.
The food was in a word, outstanding. Breakfast was hardy, my poached eggs were perfect, and dinner was superb. The prices seemed very reasonable and the dining room is nicely decorated. They seated us away from the families, which was appreciated, but the owner and waitresses were keeping constant vigil so the kids who were also in the dining room didn't disturb anyone else.
All in all, we enjoyed the weekend immensely. We felt like we had spent a weekend in someone's warm and friendly company and plan on a return this summer for some fly fishing in the Inn's trout pond.

Room Tip: Let the owner know your needs. Rooms vary.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nycgirl53
Reviewed February 13, 2011

This inn is truley the heart and soal of Vermont. Evertime we go there I feel like I am home again. It is well kept, comfortable, and clean. I love lounging around in the game room and watching TV with my family and friends. Drinking a nice hot cup of tea in the winter while watching the sunset, and playing games with friends and family is my all time favorites up there. Skiing across the field and in the woods is VERY relaxing especially when you come back to the inn to warm up. The room we had was spacious, cozy and warm. Everyone had a comfortable place to sleep. The old country theme of the inn was very homey and welcoming. I am sooo coming back to this inn next year or hopefully even sooner!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family