“Good food, if you're careful”

McKenzie's Barbeque & Burgers
Ranked #5 of 235 Restaurants in Conroe
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: For a taste of traditional, Texas-style barbecue, join McKenzie's Barbecue & Burgers for lunch, dinner or both! Try our sandwiches with your choice of filling: sliced beef, chopped beef, turkey, ham, chicken, hot link, sausage, sloppy jo, pork loin or pulled pork. Can't decide? Try our plates with your choice of 1, 2, 3 or 4 meats with two sides. For the real carnivore, you can have the plate with meat only, no sides. Hosting an event? You can order our meats by the pound.
Reviewed June 24, 2014

McKenzie's is a place with some wonderful food, and some non-wonderful food. I've been there 3 times.

The layout of the place is a little strange to me. There is a counter where you order, then wait for your number to be called, sort of. There are actually two pickup spots. One is for barbeque, the other is for burgers (and fries? Our burger order came with fries), in separate rooms. Some of the sides are in one room (self-serve), while I found the baked beans (also self -serve) in the burger room. Drinks are also self serve, but there are machines in both rooms. Thankfully I came with people that had been there before or I might have been a little lost.

The food is really a mixed bag. The sausage, ribs, and burgers (including the chicken sandwich) were all 5 stars. However, the coleslaw, baked beans, and potato salad would be around 2.5 stars at best. The fries were crunchier than I expected, but still tasty. I'd give them 3.5, maybe a 4.

There are newer reviews for McKenzie's Barbeque & Burgers

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I'm from an area in NC that claims to be the bar b que capital of the world, so I stopped in here to check this place out. The wife and I ordered the Monday lunch special, bar b que sandwich, a side and a drink. For the side, we had corn on the cob. Our drink was, of course, sweet tea. The bar b que sandwich sandwich was drier than what I am used to, but it was still good bar b que. The dryness was easily fixed with some sauce. Corn on the cob was goo too, as well as the tea. For desert, we have the peach cobbler...tasted like home made! There are other items on the menu if you want something else, like burgers and fries.

All in all, a good meal and I'll definitely return for more.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

no taste,no flavor no sale do not wast your time or money.tasted better food in a stop n go,meat tasted like it was boiled.

1  Thank Robert D
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Great BBQ, the pork loin and hot links are great, the BBQ jalapeño sauce gives it a great kick, and the side options are pretty good. Sandwiches and poboys are also a great option here.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

not much of a BBQ fan but this place is hands down the best I have found and I have had BBQ all over Texas. if you are anywhere around the Conroe area and want some excellent BBQ then don't mess with the others just go for the best

Been to McKenzie's Barbeque & Burgers? Share your experiences!