“Delicious Food! ”

Ranked #1 of 236 Restaurants in Conroe
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Family owned and operated, Vernon's Kuntry Katfish provides home-style cooking in a casual and comfortable environment. Just like walking into a family member's living room and having a relaxing dinner, Kuntry Katfish has the same homey atmosphere with its panel wood walls, carpet floors and personal touches. We also feature a large room that is perfect any event. Our large menu features many Southern favorites along with a broad spectrum of seafood (shrimp, scallops, oysters). Customer favorites include chicken fried steak, and of course, our famous katfish. Everything on our menu is cooked to order and made fresh every day - we guarantee consistent flavors and quality. We believe in high-quality products, large portions, and fast, friendly service. Whether you're having a casual outing with the family or you're grabbing lunch with co-workers, Vernon's Kuntry Katfish is the perfect place to go. Also be sure to ask us about our full-service catering!
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Anytime we visit Conroe, we have to eat at Vernon's! This is excellent, down home cooking. The hush puppies are to-die-for!

Buster B, Manager at Vernon's Kuntry Katfish, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

We love hearing that we're a staple when you find yourself in Conroe! Looking forward to serving up some more hush puppies next time you're in our neck of the woods. Have a great rest of the summer, Kathy.

Until then,

There are newer reviews for Vernon's Kuntry Katfish

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Must be one of the best kept secrets around this area.If you live in Houston this place is worth the drive if you like catfish.I had fried the first time and the second time I had not fried.Both were very good and every thing that goes with it is good.I ate so much though I felt like I gained five pounds! I think we have been three times now since April.There is waiting every time,So some of our party waited and we walked next door to the produce/flower stand which is also very unique.They had a dog there that eats cantelope, so cute..

Buster B, Manager at Vernon's Kuntry Katfish, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thanks for letting others in on the secret, Juliet! It's so flattering to know that you make the drive from Houston just to come eat with us. We can't wait to have you back for visit #4!

Until then,

Reviewed June 13, 2014

This is not a place you expect to be wowed by the food, but don't let the outside fool you. The food is good, not as good as my last visit 3 years ago, but still good. Service was great and the pecan cobbler is an absolute must try if you are in the area!!

1  Thank Ijustluv2travel
Buster B, Manager at Vernon's Kuntry Katfish, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Love hearing that you enjoyed yourself on this second visit. I would never want our service to described as anything less than "great"! As for the food, you said it was good, but not as good as the last time you were here -- I wish I had more details about that. Feel free to reach out next time if you have any feedback about how we could make your meal even better.

All the best,

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We eat at Vernon's KK often. The food and service are fantastic. We eat the catfish often but all of their meals are excellent. We have been eating at VKK for over twenty years now. The quality and quantity of food is excellent and the price is very cheap considering what you get. I am heading over to VKK in about an hour. The place is great!!!! Give it a try, there is a very good reason the place is always busy.

Buster B, Manager at Vernon's Kuntry Katfish, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Who says you can't have quality and quantity, right? Hope you enjoyed yourself yesterday. We're so appreciative of your business over the last two decades, and we look forward to many more years of cooking for you!

All the best,

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Not for us. Hubby & I went on June 1, 2014. The catfish was fried perfectly but had NO flavor. It was Very bland. Cayenne,garlic powder,onion powder,paprika & salt,,, seasoning on the fish itself & that's how it should be done !!! Or salt & pepper @ the very least !!! The coleslaw was jus as bland as the fish. How can people seriously give this food a rave review ? No taste buds ?!?! Our waitress acted like we were a burden when we asked for extra napkins & lemon wedges. I am sure my comments won't mean a thing to them as the place was packed !!! Made me wonder if that is because a lack of places to eat around there,1st timers,or some like food with NO seasoning ?

Buster B, Manager at Vernon's Kuntry Katfish, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Your comments absolutely mean something to us, Nancy. It's disappointing that we fell short of your expectations. When you're here, we're thrilled to have you, and the last thing we would want is for you to feel like a burden. I'll speak to the servers who were on duty that night. As for the food, I'm surprised to hear that you thought your meal was bland. Catfish is our signature dish, so we usually get great feedback. I'm not sure if you said anything to your server, but please don't hesitate to speak up next time if something isn't to your taste -- we'll do our best to give you what you're looking for. We've been open since '84, and we get busy because people come back for more. I hope you'll give us another shot to show you why!

Hope to see you again,
Buster, General Manager

Been to Vernon's Kuntry Katfish? Share your experiences!