“Best in the Area”

Ranked #1 of 235 Restaurants in Conroe
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Family owned and operated, Vernon's Kuntry Katfish provides home-style cooking in a casual and comfortable environment. Just like walking into a family member's living room and having a relaxing dinner, Kuntry Katfish has the same homey atmosphere with its panel wood walls, carpet floors and personal touches. We also feature a large room that is perfect any event. Our large menu features many Southern favorites along with a broad spectrum of seafood (shrimp, scallops, oysters). Customer favorites include chicken fried steak, and of course, our famous katfish. Everything on our menu is cooked to order and made fresh every day - we guarantee consistent flavors and quality. We believe in high-quality products, large portions, and fast, friendly service. Whether you're having a casual outing with the family or you're grabbing lunch with co-workers, Vernon's Kuntry Katfish is the perfect place to go. Also be sure to ask us about our full-service catering!
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This restaurant is a family favorite for many reasons. The food is outstanding and the prices are such a value. My teenagers love the variety and selection. I think the desserts are great too, but we are always too full to try those! You won't regret this restaurant is you like country cooking such as chicken fried steak, chicken fingers, and the hamburgers, too.

There are newer reviews for Vernon's Kuntry Katfish

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Just good old-fashioned home cooking! Always delicious! Their chicken fried steak is so good! Food your grandma would make!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

If you want old fashion home style Mom's cooking,this is it. We had catfish one day then went back the next for chicken fried steak and chicken. Oh my goodness! It was heaven!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have had this restaurant as one of my monthly hits for years as it is difficult to find good catfish. This restaurant has never seemed to disappoint, until recently. I thought at first I caught them on a bad night. They had been so consistent over the years, I was willing to give a break. However, as I have tried to keep them on my list of restaurants, I have found more of the same where the fish seems to be over-cooked on my last 3 visits. The atmosphere is still good as well as the service. My only complaint would be in the preparation of their staple food---catfish.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Food tasted like it was frozen food that was just thawed and fried, no season to any of it. Web had a party of 8 and almost everyone was dissapointed. Even the picture you have posted here makes the food look like its frozen food..

Been to Vernon's Kuntry Katfish? Share your experiences!