“Amazing Food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vernon's Kuntry Katfish

Vernon's Kuntry Katfish
Ranked #1 of 230 Restaurants in Conroe
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family owned and operated, Vernon's Kuntry Katfish provides home-style cooking in a casual and comfortable environment. Just like walking into a family member's living room and having a relaxing dinner, Kuntry Katfish has the same homey atmosphere with its panel wood walls, carpet floors and personal touches. We also feature a large room that is perfect any event. Our large menu features many Southern favorites along with a broad spectrum of seafood (shrimp, scallops, oysters). Customer favorites include chicken fried steak, and of course, our famous katfish. Everything on our menu is cooked to order and made fresh every day - we guarantee consistent flavors and quality. We believe in high-quality products, large portions, and fast, friendly service. Whether you're having a casual outing with the family or you're grabbing lunch with co-workers, Vernon's Kuntry Katfish is the perfect place to go. Also be sure to ask us about our full-service catering!
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2011

I was recently at Vernon's and being my first time as a visitor to the area I have to say I was so impressed!! Not much to look at on the outside, as a matter of fact I almost went on. The food was delicious. I never had Catfish before and really enjoyed it. The servings were more than generous. The atmosphere is very laid back, just a mom and pop style restaurant. It was very busy, service was great. I have to say the Pecan Cobbler was the best darn dessert I have had in forever, absolutely AMAZING!! I can't wait to go back to Texas and Vernon's again. You won't be disappointed!!

• Visited May 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ijustluv2travel

Reno, Nevada
“It's fried”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2011

Good food but maybe not the best for the diet. Nothing special but it works. Hushpuppies and tomato relish greet you at the table.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank advcards
Texas
“The Best Catfish in Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2010

I live in Conroe. Everyone in town knows that Vernon's restaurant is the best. If you go about 11- 11:30 you might not have to wait in line, but after that the restaurant fills with locals. The menu has a large variety of seafood and American food. Lunch cost $8.50 and that includes your drink. The portions are plentiful and the service is fast and excellent. Every day of the week they have lunch specials--that includes two meats and about 8 vegetables that you can choose from and either corn bread, biscuits, or hush puppies. You can also order from the lunch menu for that same $8.50. I always get the grilled catfish, potato salad, and fried okra. Try this restaurant, you will keep coming back to it! We locals love it!
'

1 Thank TexasLacey
Conroe, TX
“You've gotta try the Good Pie.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2010

One of my favorite places to eat catfish. We usually spilt a sampler platter so we have room for the good pie. I love the catfish and stuffed crab and my husband and son love catfish and shrimp. My favorite kind of fries, the ones with the skin on.

1 Thank AngelSeeker
Long Island, NY
“Delicious, comfortable and a real treat all around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2010

We went to Vernon's after reading about it on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed! We actually went back twice because we wanted to sample other things on the menu. I had catfish (what else?) both times because it was so well prepared and delicious. My friend had to try several of the 'southern' specialties' like the gumbo and the fried oysters. he couldn't get enough of the wonderful hush puppies that are served at the table along with the fabulous pickle relish. Both were incredibly tasty. The service was excellent. the staff was very friendly and eager to please. They were proud of the place and it was well deserved. The prices were also very reasonable. Try it. You'll be glad you did!

1 Thank Pegashero