“very good value/quality”

Saltgrass Steak House
Ranked #19 of 229 Restaurants in Conroe
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Conroe, Texas
“very good value/quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Shared a light dinner--16 oz slice of rib roast, plus salad and baked potato. It was made to order and very good. Including a glass of Argentinian malbec (so, so), the bill was less than $25, and we had leftovers for the next day. Service was excellent.

• Visited March 2014

Conroe, Texas
“Still a solid choice for quality/value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Stopped in for a light meal. We split a 16 oz slice of rib roast and the fixings--salad and potato. It was all good--and a great value. Including a glass of Argentinian malbec (not as good as hoped for), we had had a very satisfying meal at less than $25. Even took home some rib and potato for lunch.

• Visited March 2014
Houston
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

We visited again for my birthday. I love the steak. So tender you don't need a knife. We use this as our 'go-to' for special occasions. The wait staff is always attentive. We got prompt and friendly service. We love the chocolate cake, which they now have a special box for since it's so large although the price has gone up to almost $9 for a slice. We take it home and can eat it for a week. This last time, it seemed to have more icing than cake so I think I'll pass on that in the future and go for something else. I still look forward to our visits there. Coming up again in February for my hubby's birthday!

• Visited December 2013
Virginia
“Steak House Heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

We enjoyed our food so much, we went back 2 times, Our first visit was on a Saturday night. Place was packed! Even though we had called ahead, our wait time was about 30 minutes. But, it was worth EVERY second. I ordered a 12 ounce Prime Rib with a loaded baked potaoe and a side salad., My husband ordered Shrimp and Rib combo. Neither of us could finish our meal and took some home. The prime rib melted in my mouth and the Ribs fell off the bone. Salad was crisp and fresh. Our second visit was for lunch and we enjoyed the juiciest burgers ever. I would definitely go back and would recommend. Atmosphere- busy western décor and a little noisy Price mid range $12- $18 entrée

• Visited January 2014
Huntsville, TX
“Excellent steaks and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

Four of us ate at Saltgrass for lunch and ordered the lunch steaks. I had the lunch prime rib, and others in our party had the lunch ribeye and top sirloin. We all agreed that our steaks were really good and cooked exactly as ordered. Our waiter, Michael, gave us excellent and prompt service. This was the first time my husband and I have eaten at a Saltgrass Steak House, but it definitely will not be our last.

• Visited January 2014

Been to Saltgrass Steak House? Share your experiences!