“there's some pretty good bar-b-cue in this area!!!”

China Delight Restaurant
Ranked #152 of 243 Restaurants in Conroe
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed March 15, 2012

We were out and saw the "Best Chinese Food in Montgomery County" 4 years running. So, against my usual practice of checking reviews first, we figured why not. How bad could it be? After all it's got a sign professing it's culinary prowess county wide!!! I was a little nervous when on Friday night at 825p there were more employees than customers there!

After eating there, my supposition is that it must be the ONLY Chinese restaurant in the county!

I have eaten Chinese food all over the US and in other countries, not that this was the worst, but I would rather have Panda Express!!! That should be enough, but I will continue with some additional detail.

We had chicken chow mein, kung pao chicken and the 'special' meat stuffed wontons. I think that they meant to say "special meat" instead. Very unique flavor to say the least. The kung pao was off as well, with almost a vinegar like taste to it. The chow mein was the closest thing to a high light?!?! but very bland and they put the "crispy" noodles under the chow mein before bringing it out from the kitchen. So, there was nothing crispy about them at all and then they didn't bring the usual side bowl of noodles to add to the chow mein as you eat? The flavor wasn't off, it wasn't at all, there was none. The fried rice that came with the two entrees was bland and seemed 'aged', like it had been made hours earlier. The real high light of the whole meal was that at least the veggies were fresh in each dish.

We both thought that the service was very attentive. Then we figured out why. On Friday night, the best in the county, was trying to close - after all it was almost 9 O'CLOCK!!!! So the wait staff and everyone else was just all over us. After all we were the only table there. Before we finished eating the plates were taken away and the check was left, along with to go boxes put on the table!!! It was hysterical!!!

I will agree with the reviews that I have read, that the portion sizes are large. But, it doesn't really matter how much you give me if the food isn't that good!

My advice is to skip this place altogether.

And for those of you that think it is good, EXPAND YOUR HORIZONS!!! Venture out of the county for Chinese food! lmao

I will find some great Chinese and let y'all know where!!! Keep watching!!! lol

2  Thank roadgolfer

Been to China Delight Restaurant? Share your experiences!