“Excellent”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Conroe
Newport News
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 29, 2009

I recently planned a 50th Wedding Anniversary for my parents who live in Conroe. The party was a surprise, so guests who were out of town needed a place to stay. The staff of Baymont Inn & Suites worked very closely with me to make sure all the guests got their "goody bags" waiting in their rooms when they arrived. Everything turned out better than I thought it would! The awesome people at Baymont, including the General Manager, the Front Desk staff & housekeeping played a huge part in making my parents surprise suite just perfect. If you get a chance to go to Conroe, stay at the Baymont Inn & Suites. They are a first class operation.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
louisville, ky
Reviewed February 17, 2009

very clean, and not a bad location... the hotel offers free breakfast, and free wifi... nice staff, especially the front desk.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
DarkFairy
Reviewed December 8, 2008

My husband and myself, along with our 2 children booked a room for 2 nights. When we called to make the reservations the person we spoke to was very nice and polite. On our way to the hotel we called to get directions, for we had never been to Conroe. The lady we talked to gave us perfect directions and we got to the hotel safe and sound. We checked in and got into our rooms, which had very comfortable beds. We had a very restful sleep. Breakfast the next morning was very nice. The area was clean and food kept well stocked. My kids loved the hot waffles. Every staff member we interacted with was polite and very helpful. If we ever come to Conroe agian we will be sure to stay at this hotel.

• Liked — The courtesy of the staff.
  • Disliked — The construction on freeway
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
Galveston, Texas
Reviewed October 10, 2008

We live in Galveston, Texas so I made reservation at this hotel for the hurricane Ike evacuation with our 2 cats. The website states "Pets allowed" so when I spoke with Jennifer, who works directly at the Conroe Baymont Inn, I confirmed that they except cats. Jennifer said yes. When we arrived on Thursday, Sept. 11th the hotel lobby and room were dirty but we needed an evacuation hotel. On Friday, Sept. 12th, my husband and I went to get lunch when we returned to the hotel our key card would not let us in our room. We went to the front desk and the General Manager, Kelley J. Park, told us "You must get out we do not accept cats". Ms. Park said "pets allowed meant dogs only". This was less than 12 hours prior to the hurricane making landfall and all surrounding hotels were booked with evacuees. When I asked for her supervisor Ms. Park said and I QUOTE "I am the IT of everything. You get out". When we contacted the Wydam Corporate office they could not have been any more rude and of absolutely no help. They said they take no responsibility. The Drury Inn and Suites up the road had one room left and they were amazingly kind and accommodating!!

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — General Manager Kelley Park
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Conroe hotels

USA
Reviewed October 3, 2008

Hotel needs alot of improvements. Cleanliness is lacking. Had several dog poops in hall way (smell going into rooms). Reported to manager and took 2 hours to clean up. Manager unresponsive to guest. Would not stay there again overall experience was not a good one.

Stayed September 2008
2 Thank Hello1Usa
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed September 25, 2008

Family of 2 adults and 1 teen on a two week family roadtrip. We booked three nights at the Baymont Inn based on a recommendation from a relative. We were in Conroe to see family. We arrived just before 3:00 pm. We immediately noticed that the lobby had a bad smell. We were given our room keys and hopped into the elevator. The elevator had ants crawling in it and it was a bumpy ride. A tip that I learned here on Tripadvisor is to always go to the room without any luggage first to check for cleanliness and bed bugs. We went to our room (#218) and upon opening the door realized that someone must have sprayed an entire can of air freshener recently. The smell was overwhelming. The room looked old and dingy. I went straight over to the bed and pulled the sheets back. As I pulled down on the seam of the mattress I saw things scurry. I jumped back and had to work up the courage to look again. Sure enough tiny bed bugs were all over the mattress and boxspring. I told my family and they looked at me in disbelief. Right then my husband closed the refigerator door and a few roaches ran away. At that moment we all agreed that we couldn't stay here. I grabbed my cell phone, opened the phone book and called La Quinta as I've stayed at many La Quintas in the past and always been happy with them. I was able to get a room there for the three nights. I went back downstairs, handed the desk clerk the keys and explained why we would be going elsewhere. He didn't seem surprised at all and was kind enough to offer me a room without bed bugs. I said no thanks and left.

• Liked — the Location
  • Disliked — The Bed Bugs and Roaches
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank amblush
Austin TX
Reviewed June 20, 2008

Nice, clean, friendly. Lobby and breakfast area well laid out-nice little PC/Printer work nook as well. A little tough to find-off the 'feeder' road and behind an IHOP, (another added plus). If I was passing through here, I would definitely choose this hotel. Enjoy.

• Stayed June 2008