“Just okay”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Conroe
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Just okay”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

We got this hotel after naming our own price on priceline.com. The room was old and outdated. The walls had marks on them and the room just wasn't as clean as we are used to. We never got hot water in the shower either. The breakfast in the morning was so-so.

In my opinion, there are plenty of other better options in Conroe. We didn't have a choice b/c of priceline, but if you do have a choice, pick a different place.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
honolulu
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I visited Baymont Conroe back in May for my friend's wedding. I must say this place was inciredbly clean, friendly staff, and great amenities at affordable rate. My friend contacted this hotel to get special wedding group booking rate, and had room blocked, so i did not even have to negotiate to get the best rate. check in was pretty easy, room was sparklingly clean, i loved flat screen t.v. and speed of wifi. during my stay i also utilized fitness center, business center, and swimming pool. they had the largest swimming pool that i have seen in midscale property. breakfast was excellent, variety choices, and location was convenient since it was only 7 min to the woodlands. i really enjoyed my stay, and i strongly recommend this hotel for everyone. i read some other reviews, but i cannot think of anything negative about this hotel. it is great place and if you get lost, call hotel, they stay on the phone until you get to the hotel.

Room Tip: 5 star service
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank hawaii028
East Texas
Reviewed June 1, 2011

I have to say that the customer service from Jordan who stayed on the phone with me until I arrived at the hotel due to me getting turned around from directions on paper was excellent. It was 2:30 in the morning and she made sure that I arrived to the hotel safe and sound, despite the construction, she directed me right to the hotel. I thank her very much.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Conroe, Texas, USA
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Service was great at the Baymont Inn, Conroe, TX. The housekeeping staff did a great job of tidying up my room and making it look inviting every day I was there for a whole month. The manager was always willing to help me with anything I needed, and the maintenance people were both very polite and efficient.

Baymont Inn's complimentary breakfast is also better than any other hotel's I have visited (in the same price range). It included yogurt, fresh fruit, eggs, biscuits, and gravy, along with the continental items other hotels offer.

Room Tip: Second floor is non-smoking.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 8, 2011

This hotel claims to be pet-friendly, but only if your pets are dogs. My disabled boyfriend has a trained, registered service animal, which happens to be a cat (not even a pet, technically, but is entitled to the same privileges as a guide-dog). When I made the reservation online, I made sure to book our stay at a pet-friendly hotel, knowing, that although he is not a pet, my partner would be bringing his service animal along.  My thought was that a pet-friendly hotel would be more than accommodating to a disabled Air Force Veteran, who has a service animal covered by the Americans With Disabilities Act (a FEDERAL LAW).

At first, the owner would not let us check-in to the hotel (in violation of the ADA), and after she finally relented, she harassed us throughout our stay.

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SanFranDaisy

Travelers are raving about these Conroe hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 20, 2010

My wife and I stayed in Baymont first week of December and we were very impressed with value. Rate was much lower than other Hotels in Conroe, but had great amenities especially flat screen t.v. along with very clean nice room, not to mention awesome breakfast. It is one of finest hotel that we've ever stayed and it is very close to the woodlands. We strongly recommend this Hotel to everyone.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed November 9, 2010

The staff at the hotel are very friendly and extremely hepful to all the guests. The hotel is very clean from the hallways, elevator, stairs and rooms. The breakfast is stocked very well and the staff keep it very clean every morning. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends. Thanks to Kelley Park for making our stay enjoyable and keep up the wonderful job you and your staff do daily.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business