“Owner&Wait Staff Attention to Detail=Spot-On”

the toasted yolk cafe
Ranked #6 of 240 Restaurants in Conroe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This is a cafe that serves breakfast, and lunch. Open daily from 7am to 3pm, seven days a week.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My son & I first tried it for brunch after the holidays. We were pleasantly surprised by the attention to detail & great food(quiche/beignets). A few months later I persuaded my husband to try it as well (his normal fare is fast food) Ugh! He was also appreciative of the generous servings with his hamburger and I had the soup/salad. It reminded me of European dining in a café. Loved it!

Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Doesn't look like much from the outside but once inside it's very pleasant. The apple granola French toast is outstanding and my husband says the Toasted Yolk breakfast was perfectly cooked, a very nice surprise. The atmosphere is very relaxing. Music is nice and T a nice volume. AND they have international flavored creamer for the very good coffee.

1  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stopped in here for brunch during Memorial Day weekend. We had to sit in the bar area because it was so busy but that is usually a sign of a good place.

I enjoyed a namesake dish "toasted yolk" (eggs and toast) while my husband opted for a turkey reuben with turkey pastrami. He liked it a lot, especially the spicy mustard that came on the sandwich. We both enjoyed the hashbrown casserole. Honestly, it was probably the best part of both our dishes.

This is a cute little place and I can tell it is frequented by locals.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

One of the best breakfast meal places in Conroe. They have a lot of different menu items that are refreshingly different and everything I've ever had there has been wonderful. The only negative is that the interior is quite cramped and it is usually very crowded, but then again with food as good as theirs it's understandable.

1  Thank cwhitmer
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have eaten breakfast at the Toasted Yolk about 30 times. The food is well prepared and the wait staff is friendly and attentive. The quiche (when ready to serve) is one of my favorite orders.
The breakfast hash brown casserole is a must. Keep up the good work.