“A plate of deliciousness”

the toasted yolk cafe
Ranked #6 of 241 Restaurants in Conroe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This is a cafe that serves breakfast, and lunch. Open daily from 7am to 3pm, seven days a week.
Reviewed January 15, 2014

On Jan 15th I visited the toasted yolk in Conroe and ordered a great dish with two buttermilk biscuits, three eggs scrambled with scallions ham bacon sausage with peppermill gravy gravy and a side of cheesy hash brown casserole and grits. Very very good! Highly recommend it ! They now serve dinner and of course breakfast is served all day. Only place in town I know that serves a quality and affordable breakfast all day long.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Don't let the name Toasted Yolk mislead you to think they serve only breakfast foods. They have a delicious varied menu to fit all tastes. They are not open for dinner in the evening. A special treat for my husband and I is when we have breakfast there on Sunday after church. But you want to want to go right away so you won't have to wait to be seated. It is popular on Sunday mornings.

I love grits and they have the best. Nothing better than eggs, grits, homemade biscuits and great coffee. They really good omelets, and breakfast burittos. My husband enjoys their version of Eggs Benedict which they call The Arnold. You can see the whole menu on line at The Toasted Yolk. Its a good idea to check it out before you go. Then when you get there you'll probably see someone eating something that looks really delicious and change your mind anyway. The wait staff have always been excellent. They know the menu and are there to make your meal the highlight of your day.

Lunch selections on the menu are just as good as the breakfast items. Decisions, decisions, always decisions when you eat at The Toasted Yolk.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We have eaten here four times now. Twice with my grandkids. Everytime we order something different and everytime it's just sooo good! You know it's good when your picky kids want to come back. I hate leaving a review because I don't want them to get so busy that I can't find a seat! ENJOY!

1  Thank texanime
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have eaten at the yolk many times since we found it. The casserole is the best we live the philly scramble with casserole and sour dough bread. So far the food has never been bad the service isn't always the best but the food is.

They really need a new location this one is really small and if there's a long waiting list we usually leave as there isn't room to wait.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

My wife and I have been here for breakfast a few times and it is good, I don't think it is over the top great but I would recommend it. Nice atmosphere and usually quiet, seating is close and if you get seated by a screaming child, it is in your ear!!!! I would return.