“Very good”
Review of Vernon's Bar B Cue

Ranked #43 of 240 Restaurants in Conroe
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: We tried Vernon's Barbecue after being very pleased with Vernon's Kuntry Katfish. It was also a great place. They have kind of a mix and match menu with great barbecued brisket, sausage, turkey and ribs. their coleslaw is delicious as are the assortment of southern favorites, fried onions, peppers, hush puppies and stuffed potatoes. You order at the counter and they bring the food to your table when it is ready. A casual and friendly place with great food for a very reasonable price. It should be on your list of suggestions for Conroe.
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

This is one of the best places for BBQ. It is worth the drive from Spring. Service is good and the folks that work there are friendly and attentive.

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I have tried and re-tried Vernon's numerous times over the years and the sliced bbq brisket is at most only fair in taste and quality. In my opinion, it is of fast food burger quality as in Golden Arches - junk food quality. I am 50 years old and must have been spoiled all the years I lived in Houston where there was much competition, which lacks here. Cannot recommend Vernon's!!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

BBQ was only OK. Sides of okra were burned but replaced when we complained. Furnished to look like an old country shack and it did. Several chairs needed new bottoms and the peanut shells on the floor, from the free table peanuts, combined to make the whole lunch experience less than we wanted. We also prefer a condiment bar at a BBQ place rather than being portioned on our plate with our order.

1  Thank Hensaustin
Reviewed May 26, 2013

While visiting the Conroe area we just had to have some Texas Bar B Q. Our resort highly recommended Vernon's and we were not disappointed. We arrived hungry and the buckets of salted in the shell peanuts on every table helped quell our hunger until our sandwiches were ready. The beef was done to perfection and seasoned just the way I like it. The side of slaw was just like my mother made. This is not a fancy place and it is pretty much serve yourself. You place your order at the counter when you walk in. You also get your own drinks. Even if I had to bring my own plate, I'd return in a heartbeat.

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for some BBQ and I had to have the chicken. I ask for it with the sauce on the side because I am not a fan of sauce on BBQ. It is still the best BBQ chicken hands down anywhere. It's as good as my dads and that is saying a lot. Get the pinto beans as you side and you will not be disappointed

Been to Vernon's Bar B Cue? Share your experiences!