Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe Near The WoodlandsR
GreenLeadersBronze level
Alexandria, La
“Nice Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Clean, quiet, safe, parking lot well lit. Shopping mall across the street with plenty of places to eat. Target and WalMart close by. Easy access to the interstate. Good breakfast. Nice, friendly staff, fair price.

Room Tip: Rooms are quieter away from the Interstate side. Print a Google map, new exit (89) and address not...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Paul G
Ryan S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe Near The WoodlandsR, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Guest Paul G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip advisor. We greatly appreciate your 5 star review. We appreciate your kind remarks regarding our location, breakfast , nice facility , friendly staff and a fair price. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Hotel was decent but nothing fancy. Room was marginally clean and shampoo / conditioner containers were tiny. The breakfast buffet was awful so we ended up eating at a restaurant down the road. Get a room that does not face the highway, otherwise you will be listening to traffic all night long. If you are looking for a place close to The Woodlands, this hotel is approximately 15-20 min away.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SyllyTX
Dear Guest SylvanaTX,

I apologize for your stay being with us "nothing memorable" . Obviously as General Manager of the hotel I strive for every stay to be an exceptional one. I am sorry that we fell short of that experience for you. I hope that if you are in the area in the future that you will give us another try. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly so I can personally ensure your complete satisfaction.
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

I would have given them a 4 but I'm giving a 3 due to this story. I got to the hotel after a wedding and my boyfriend had already checked in (I was in the wedding). The hotel seemed nice and the room was clean. The bed was comfortable. We were only there for the night so we didn't drink and drive after the wedding (we had a shuttle from the reception). At 8:45 in the morning we received a knock on the door from housekeeping. For some reason they were told to clean the room before checkout? I've never heard of this before. Check out was at 11 or 12 and they came at 8:45? They also went to my father's room that early so I know it wasn't a fluke or just our room. I'm not sure what the person who tells them which rooms to clean was thinking but it wasn't nice being woken up that early for room service on the day of check out. I didn't eat much breakfast because I wasn't feeling well but it seemed like my big family enjoyed it. I felt bad for all of the people who weren't at our wedding because we basically took over the breakfast area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest msu_gurl,

I apologize for your being awakened early by our housekeeping staff. I am sure it was not pleasant being awakened early after a wedding the night before. I would like you to know that I have addressed this issue and apologize for this miscommunication that occured that day. I hope that if you return to the area that you will give us another chance. Please call me directly if per chance you are retuning to the area in the future so I can perasonally ensure your stay with us in perfect.
Pearland, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

The room was nice, clean and all. Breakfast was ridiculous, there were so many people trying to get something to eat Saturday morning and the lady was making like 6 patties (which didn't look fully cooked) at a time. There were no eggs and minimal of the stuff that you could just sit out. We were not looking forward to breakfast the next morning but Ruth was in the kitchen Sunday morning and she did an awesome job of making sure there was plenty of everything (and it was all cooked).
Aside from the food, Saturday morning there was no hot water...it was crazy.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Guest clown 43,

Thank you for your feedback during your stay with us. I am glad that you found your room nice and clean. However, I do want to apologize for breakfast not meeting your expectations on the first day. I am glad it improved significantly on the second day. I would again like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and hope that you will give us a second chance. We try very hard for expectional guest experiences.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

I called at the last minute for a room, knowing it was sold out for the weekend due to a convention in Conroe. I was lucky to get Tamara on the phone. She said to give her about 12 hours and she could probably do something.
True to her word she called me back the next morning with a room for me for two nights. She was so calm about it, made me truely belive she would keep her word and get back to me and she did! Can't wait write my review afer my stay. I know I will be happy as I travel a lot and always try to stay at Fairfield Inns, as they are so roomy and nice.
Horse Girl!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest Horsegirl7,

Thank you for you very positive comments in regards to your stay with us! Tamara is exceptional at her job and I am glad to hear she took care of you so well!! Thanks again for the praise and I am sure that you will find Fairfield Inn can provide that same experience time and time again.
Plano, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

Had non-refundable reservations (1st red flag?) Graduation weekend in Conroe meant that the hotel was full. Only person was working the desk, no breakfast (as promised,) no coffee, no service. I would think Marriott would hate hearing about this. Manager didn't care.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest Dandan56463,

I want to truly apologize that your experience with us was not favorable. We strive to provide exceptional service but it seems we fell short of your expectations during your stay with us! I hope that if you return to the area that you can call me personally so I can ensure your experience with us is much different.
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

This appears to be a new property. As such, it is very clean and has exceptionally comfortable beds. Although it is near I-45, the windows must have extra sound proofing so the highway noise was not particularly bothersome. Believe me, I am an expert on which hotels to avoid on I-45 near The Woodlands. I was surprised to find a very tasty taco meal waiting for us when we returned to the hotel on Monday evening. The breakfast is excellent....unexpectedly good because prior Fairfield's have disappointed. Although my project is ending in The Woodlands, I would have stayed at this property again. The staff is accommodating and it just feels comfortable there....you know that undefinable quality at a hotel where you feel more cozy than at other places.

Room Tip: if you prefer to face woods, then ask for a room facing the back of the property and not facing the...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear 60one,

Thank you so much for sharing all of your postive feedback during your stay with us!! I am glad you found everything so exceptional at our location, including our Breakfast and reception that we offer on Monday and Wednesday. We are delighted that you were cozy here. Thank you so much for your feedback and who knows maybe you will be back again soon!