“Nice hotel with good breakfast”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe Near The WoodlandsR
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Conroe
GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston
“Nice hotel with good breakfast”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This three year old Fairfield still looks new and is just off the I-45 freeway but no road noise. Location surrounded with shopping and dining options. Room was comfortable and the breakfast area bright. Breakfast included belgian waffles, hard boiled & scrambled eggs, sausage patties, assorted pastries, packaged fruit, yogurt and three cereal choices. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Ryan S, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe Near The WoodlandsR, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Guest 1 Ringmaster,

Thank you very much for your high scores and your kind compliments. I am glad that you enjoyed Fairfield Inn's new extended breakfast program! Also thank you for the kind comments in regards to our hotel. Thank you for your loyalty and willingness to return in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is a really nice Fairfield Inn with one of the most helpful staffs I have ever come in contact with. The young lady at the front desk when we checked in was especially helpful with directions and restaurant recommendations. Room was nice, clean and well maintained. We had to leave too early for the breakfast, but the area appeared large enough. We will be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest Southernlady Alabama,

Thank you so much for the high scoring of our hotel on your recent stay with us!!! Your feedback is vital to the future of our hotel! I will be sure to pass along your very nice compliments to the staff here . It gives me great to know that you were treated so kindly by staff. Travelers have a choice where they stay and I want to know that I appreciate your business!! Hope to see you soon!
Iowa
Reviewed September 4, 2013

A fairly new Fairfield with great breakfast area and location surrounded by shopping and dining options within a brisk walk and easy driving distance. The staff was very friendly and attentive and the hotel was up to the finest in the Fairfield class. Right off an exit and easy to find and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Back side away from the interstate.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest tpharkman,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay with us at the Conroe Fairfield Inn and Suites. Thank you also for the high scores and nice compliments. I will be sure to share them with the team! We hope to see you again in the near future and I thank you for selecting our hotel for your travel needs.
Muskogee
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Bed was comfortable, the room size (king suite) was good. The only complaint I had, was breakfast was suppose to be 7-10 on weekend. At 9:40am, I went downstairs for breakfast, along with several boys, and there wasn't any food left. We asked about them putting out more food, they just acted like they didn't understand anything we said. They refused to put out any food, so we were left to go elsewhere to find breakfast. Staff was ok, but they didn't go out of their way to help you. I'd stay somewhere else if I had a choice. Really disappointed in this Marriott property.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank jean5sons
Dear Guest jean5sons,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your stay with us. I apologize this stay was just ok for you. We like to go above and beyond for our guests. Your feedback certainly helps me improve the overall aspects of the hotel and your concerns in regards to breakfast have been addressed with the staff members working that day.
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Entire hotel was very clean and all the staff was helpful and pleasant. Breakfast was great with lots of options. Kept the food stocked even with multiple large groups staying over the same weekend. Lobby area was nice with lots of seating (and a TV) for groups to have somewhere to hang out. Previous review mentions humidity - this is not true. Aside from sitting by the front doors I never noticed any humidity in the entire hotel. And the A/C was nice and cool everywhere I went. Houston is humid - get over it. The King Suite was nice with comfortable sofa bed, microwave and mini-fridge. I do wish the Q/Q rooms had a sofa bed or mini-fridge, but they didn't. I would definitely stay here again if in the area. Slept great too. Rooms were nice and quiet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest CC710K,

I wanted to take a moment to personally thank you for your five star rating on trip advisor.com !! My staff greatly appreciates it . Thank you for providing other viewers with feedback of your stay with us. You pointed out some really great points to our hotel that I am sure other viewers will find your feedback right on point!! Thank you for your business, as I know guests always have a choice and I appreciate that you selected us.
Russellville, Arkansas
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed three nights in a suite with my family of three. Hotel was in great condition with a very friendly staff. Decent selection for breakfast. Hotel right off I-45 so easy access to other areas.

Only negative was the size of the suite - a little smaller than most suites but had all amenities necessary. Overall good value and would recommend to others.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest Clover143,

Thank you for your five star rating on trip advisor .com!!! Thank you for all your kind comments and I am happy that you had an excellent experience with us . We take great pride in our Fairfield Inn and Suites and appreciate that you also feel the same! Thank you for your business and I hope to see you again in the near Future!
Houston
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel was newer, nice, clean and with comfortable beds and pillows. The location was good and easy to find. The morning breakfast was excellent and kept filled. But, they stop putting out new food at 10:00, when it ends. If you want to cruise in at 10:00, you get what's left and they won't make more.

The only problem I had with this hotel was the humidity. It was extremely humid in the hallways and in the rooms. The carpet and beds actually felt damp and you could smell the dampness in the air. We had to turn the AC down to 68-69 to get the humidity out of the room, but that made us cold. We spoke to a woman in the elevator who said it was the same way in her room. They really need to resolve this issue. If it weren't for the humidity issue, I would have given the hotel an excellent/5 star review.

Room Tip: The rooms get very humid, so don't turn the AC up when you leave the room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank PinkZebra
Ryan S, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe Near The WoodlandsR, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest Pink Zebra,

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor .com. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us!! We are very proud of our outstanding staff. Also our Newer and Nicer facility makes us a great choice for a traveler to Conroe.area. I will pass on your comments to the nice Breakfast that you received. As far as the humidity, we do occassionally experience humidity issues in our hotel due to our scorching hot summers and lack of shade provided by trees.
I want to truly thank you for your business and your valuable feedback. I hope to see you again in the future.