“Hard to Sleep Due to Thin Walls” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Conroe - I-45 North

Hampton Inn & Suites Conroe - I-45 North
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Conroe
Denver, Colorado
“Hard to Sleep Due to Thin Walls”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Good location. Right off the highway and within walking distance to many restaurants and grocery. Stayed for 2 nights and was woken up both nights due to people in room above us and next to us. We could hear the TV from above clearly the first night - and the fight the couple got into. The second night we could hear everything the family was saying and they talked a long time. It is hard to give a good rating when you can't sleep. I was up for 1 hour due to noise the 1st night and 2 hours the second. I wonder if there is anything management can do about this. If they do, I would be back again and improve the rating.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 192traveler
Manju P, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Conroe - I-45 North, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a family overnight trip there- The rooms were comfortable but utilitarian with the bare amenities. Nothing fancy.
The hot breakfast was not too bad- usual "free breakfast" powdered scrambled eggs and spicy potatoes- lots of bread and baked goods- minimum fresh fruit.
Usual breakfast for this sort of hotel.
But the price was right- so if you are looking for accomodation in a clean, no frills quiet hotel on in the Conroe Texas area- this is your place.

Room Tip: We had 2 rooms on the 3rd floor opposite each other- one facing the front of the hotel and one the b...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Katy, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed here this past weekend. Stayed in a double queen room. Smaller sized rooms, but the utilize the space very well. This was my first time staying in the new design. Walking into the foyer was impressive. Great breakfast area, food selection was awesome. ONLY complaint is that the walls are VERY THIN. You can hear the people in the next room talking in normal tones, almost to the point of being able to make out what they are saying. Other than that, great hotel. Would recommend.

Room Tip: We stayed on 3rd floor, left of the elevators. Never heard much outside noise there.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JeremiahHill
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed at the Hampton Inn for a wedding in Conroe and it was very good for the price ($100 per night). The room was very clean and looked very new. The lobby and breakfast areas were also nice and clean. I highly recommend it if you're in Conroe and looking for a clean, affordable hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank jholmes25
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

They treat Diamond's well which I appreciate. What makes this property better than most is that it's new but this creates another set of challenges, like thin walls and floors. Because it's new it is very clean and is in a good locations with lots of restaurants and a grocery store next to it.Front staff is friendly and helpful. Has flat screen televisions and a very cold AC which is always a plus in my book.Breakfast is better than most Hamptons as well. Had a great fitness area for a Hampton. Only stayed one night but would stay again if I ever come back to Conroe.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

I have nothing to say about this Hampton Inn. I have stayed here many times, and for the most part always happy.

I do not like the "New Hampton" Cookie Cutter Design. If you do not upgrade to a Suite, or have a Handicap, you have only a Shower. A shower is NOT CONVENIENT TO BATHE 12 MONTH OLD BABIES IN.
Are the "New Hampton" Design So Concerned about getting the "BUSINESS TRAVELER" that they no longer care about "FAMILIES"?
Other than this - which is NOT this particular Hampton Inn's Decision - this is a Hotel worth staying in. It is near many restaurants & other stores. It is not that hard to find, but I agree with others that you look for the Holiday Inn Express Sign to find this Hotel. BUT AGAIN, HAMPTON PROBABLY DICTATES THE SIGN SIZE AND LOCATION.

I will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank YIISD
Manju P, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Conroe - I-45 North, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
I really appreciate any good or bad comment because that is the way that we know where we have to work out or where we have to improve our customer service and try to go an extra mile to avoid any bad comment in the feature, unfortunately we do not have any control on the design of the hotel, we have to go with the requirements from Hilton corporation, But we will defiantly try to get one portable baby shower bath that way we can provide it as require from the guest with infants.
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on business. It was quiet and the service was nice. Good location right off the freeway. Excellent and pretty large fitness center. It had free weights, medicine balls, ellipticals, bikes, & treadmills. Good breakfast with a variety of hot & cold options. I would highly recommend for business travelers.

• Stayed July 2012