“Worst hotel ever!!”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Conroe
New Caney, Texas
“Worst hotel ever!!”
Reviewed May 16, 2011

We made a group booking for my wedding and were told that 2 weeks before the wedding that if no one used the booking that the rooms would be returned to inventory and there would be no charges. The day before the wedding the hotel charged my bank account for 8 rooms @ 75.00 each, which drained my account. We called the hotel and they said call back on Monday and talk to the Mgr. Called back on Monday and was told by the Mgr to call back on Wed. and talk to the night Mgr. As of this time nothing has been done and I am out a lot of money!! This made me so upset that I was sick throughout most of the wedding. I will not ever stay or recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank eg166
bhagvatconroe, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Conroe - I-45 North, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
We respect our guest reviews however in response to this wedding groups comment in Trip Adviser is clearly a revenge for guests own carelessness not to cancel her booking and blaming the hotel for no show charges.Guest booked her rooms her self via Hampton EEvent site. Then hotel contacted guest to confirm the booking and Guest provided credit card to hold all rooms,Hotel try to contact and left massages constantly for two days prior to arrival to ask the guest everything is OK but no one answer the phones or return the phone calls.Hotels tries to provide best service to this Guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 25, 2011

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn Conroe twice in the past few months. Both stays were great. As a Diamond Member, my husband was upgraded to a suite. There were two bottles of water and a snack waiting inside the room for us. The hotel is clean, the front desk staff is friendly and it is set-back off I-45 so you don't hear the noise from the freeway.
It is close to a Dennys and a Kroger grocery store.
The bed is super comfortable. My husband and I both slept great. The water pressure in the shower was awesome.
They have the "typical" Hampton Inn Breakfast with eggs, sausage or bacon, cereals, waffles, etc.
There was a very clean, nice swimming pool area behind the hotel - although we didn't have time to use it the pool looked great. No hot tub.
We had no problems with our stay and will certainly stay here the next time we are in Conroe.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Del Rio, Texas
Reviewed November 19, 2010

We had a large group stay there for my son's wedding and had a very pleasant experience!!! Geronimo took our reservations and checked us in, made sure that everyone got their gift bags and was happy with their rooms. Each morning he made sure that I had my "to go" breakfast which was very tasty and healthy too!!! The hot breakfast looked very good but I never had a chance to check it out.
The rooms were quite large and very nice. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in that area!!!

• Stayed November 2010
gold812
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I have to say, the rooms are very comfortable and clean with a modern style to it. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Coffee tastes great if your big coffee drinker! Variety of breakfast options. Only draw back is that you have to look for the holiday inn sign to enter the hotel, but not a big a deal.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Nacogdoches
Reviewed May 11, 2010

I have stayed at this Hotel many times over the last year. The staff is extremely courteous and willing to accomodate all your travel needs. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Excellent complimentary breakfast with coffee and cookies provided free nightly. I have stayed at several hotels in this area before this hotel opened, but I would not consider staying at any other facility since my first visit at Hampton Inn in Conroe.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed April 18, 2010

First off, this hotel is almost impossible to find. You have to turn in where it says "Holiday Inn Express". I'm not kidding, then the Hampton here is BEHIND the Holidy Inn Express. How about a sign?

Secondly, the people working here have no clue how to treat Diamond VIP members. How hard is it to supply my two bottles of water. Then when I have to ask for them they charged it to my room? My Diamond status and water bottle requirement is right on the computer in front of you.. how hard is that to figure out?

Went down for breakfast and they had these disgusting microwaveable sausage links that tasted like cardboard.

Bad stay all the way around..

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Elizabethtown, KY
Reviewed April 11, 2010

This is a brand new hotel which is very modern and has the new Hampton room set up which I have seen in other new Hamptons, which is a great set up for the business traveler. I had an unexcusable, lazy mistake by the hotel. After I checked in I unpacked my items and got settled in. I pulled back the bed covers to take a nap and noticed that the sheets looked as if they had been slept in. I pulled the sheets back further only to find several black hairs. It was horrible. I called the front desk and they told me to pack up my stuff and come down and they would switch me rooms. I packed up everything and went to the front desk only to be told my new room was right next door. It was a waste of time to pack my stuff up go 4 floors down only to go 4 floors up again.
This mistake is inexcusable. It is pure laziness that a maid wouldn't change the bedsheets. This hotel needs further training of it's staff if it is to receive a higher rating from me. The front desk staff tried to make this right, but again there is no excuse.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business