“BUGS!!!”

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Conroe
Houston, Texas, United States
“BUGS!!!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed there for our 5 year renewal. We have stayed here before and not had this issues however this time we found little bugs in the bathroom it was really gross and when we told the hotel manager he said nothing not even a apology this is really sad.. never going back there again

Room Tip: No room is good if there are bugs
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Faye H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Central Louisiana
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Nice clean motel. Excellent staff. Mike was most helpful.

Room Tip: Easy access from I-45.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Had a late arrival 1 am. Thought that the hotel being relatively new would overcome any objections previously written. Clerk assigned me a room after much distress with her system. After unpacking and settling in I turned the TV on and saw that the screen was damaged rendering a quadrant of the screen unwatchable. I called the desk clerk to report the issue so I would not be blamed for the physical damage. She informed me that the management was aware of the damage and she offered to move me-there being "plenty of other rooms available". So why was I given a bad room to begin with? The bed was rendered almost unusable with some plastic mattress pad under the sheet. But it was late and I chose not to have to move. Just needed to sleep so the TV was not as important that time of morning. In morning after a slip and slide restless night on plastic with the sheets popping off the mattress I noticed that the only smoke detector in the room was hanging open and the battery was missing. Thanks for my safety, management! Also in the morning the hair dryer was non functional and this was not due to any outlet or ground fault interruption issue. Checkout with the management Mike and reporting the issues provided a response reflecting a total lack of any concern. Mike should remove his hospitality reward plaques from the lobby wall as he obviously forgot all that he was supposedly taught in those seminars. I travel daily and only contribute a travel opinion when I encounter a really good or really poor experience. I would not recommend this motel to a fellow traveler.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank gkinaz
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed November 3, 2011

First off the hotel itself is nice. It's new and located in a good spot just off the interstate and only minutes away from restaurants. The problem is that the hotel DOUBLE charged us for the rooms. I booked the rooms online through the super 8 website (not a travel site) and got a deal where I could save a little money if I did the internet special. As part of the deal I had to pay as soon as I booked the room and it was non-refundable and I couldn't change the dates. When I arrived at the hotel they needed a credit card to have on file for any incidentals. I gave them and credit card and the girl started to run the card. I asked her if she was charging the card because I had already paid for the rooms, to which she said no, she just had to run the card and it would be credited as soon as we checked out. I get my next credit card statement and, you guessed it, the rooms were charged to my credit card. As I'm writing this review I'm still arguing with Super 8 about getting my money back! A MONTH LATER! So if you like getting charged twice for a room and not getting your money back then this is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: If you don't like stairs then stay on the bottom floor. There's no elevator. Also bring yo...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Conroe hotels

Denton, Texas
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Aside from a lackluster breakfast (make sure you spray the waffle maker before using it), the hotel was very clean, cheap, and quiet. We have stayed in much worse and payed a lot more. A lot of these people are expecting the Ritz on a Super 8 budget. Not gonna happen! You get what you pay for!

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Jondotg
Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2009

After disgusting stay at nearby Days Inn, moved out next morning and checked availability. Immaculate reception area and very obliging manager behond the desk. After first night stayed on for three more. Breakfast was good on first morning, but same packaged goods re-appeared in diminishing quantities subsequent mornings. Manager had 'gone away on a course' and left skeleton staff doing very long hours with neither initiative nor budget to augment breakfast supplies. It appeared that more than expected number of guests had checked in and staff barely able to cope.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tourmanagerSussex_UK
Garland,TX
Reviewed October 27, 2008

My husband and I travel to houston one day every week for business and since this is a brand new hotel AND they had a reasonably priced jacuzzi suite available I decided we should give it a try: BIG MISTAKE and NEVER AGAIN. When we first walked into the lobby I was rather impressed with the marbIe floor and how nice everything looked especially since this was a Super 8. However, that ended up being the only impressive thing about the stay except the price. I booked directly with the hotel and reserved the only jacuzzi suite they had WITH A CREDIT CARD. We were SO excited until we got there and found out they had given our room away to someone else. Since the jacuzzi was the only reason we booked to begin with, we were quite upset when the clerk told us it was not available. The clerk on duty was very nonchalant and UNapologetic about the issue. She just made some lame excuse about their computer system had went down that day for a couple of hours (like that explained why they had given our room away). She kept shrugging her shoulders and told us we just needed to talk to the manager about it "tomorrow".

The room we ended up in was a standard room. The first thing we noticed was that the housekeeper had forgotten to put washcloths in the room because there was not a single one to be found. The second issue was that the inside of the microwave had hardened, crusted food on the glass turnplate from a previous guest. Also, there were bits of debris here and there on the carpet so we got the impression that room had not been vacuumed between guests (and if so, not very thoroughly). The desk chair in the room was the cloth-seated kind like you find at a formal dining room table and it had a sizable nasty-looking brown, smeared stain on the seat. There was also hair on the vanity in the bathroom which is often the first thing I look for when trying to gauge whether the room is clean or not. There was also a large stain on the carpet.

Next morning upon check-out the manager was at the front desk and she asked how everythng was. I told her about the reservation issue and how upset we'd been about our room not being available. She said she was sorry but then made another lame excuse saying that they had been very busy. I thought that was the point in a reservation system. Anyway, I was standing there with a list in my hand of the afore-mentioned issues we had with the room and had just started discussing these with her when her phone rang and she promptly answered it (without excusing herself from our conversation). She then turned her back to us and proceeded to stay on the phone and give that caller precedence instead of us and so we then just turned and left. We usually stay at Marriott's and Hilton's, etc... and once again we learned that you usually get what you pay for (OR NOT)!!

As I am big into customer service and cleanliness this whole experience was not a good one for us.

Stayed October 2008