“Great stay for group booking”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Conroe
Plano, Texas
“Great stay for group booking”
Reviewed February 10, 2011

We had group booking for wedding party.. The staff was very accommodating ..
I had read the hotel opened several years ago, so I was surprised when I saw how nicely it has been maintained. The beds were comfortable The room was comfy and very clean, with several nice resturants with in walking distance, Felt very safe in the area.
Hot Breakfast Buffet had several choices and was good. would stay again.

• Stayed February 2011
2 Thank sherry02_11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 8, 2011

We usually try to stay at Comfort Inn when we travel because of the consistent high level of quality, no matter where you stay. They have large, comfortable rooms, usually a pool (we have kids, so that's VERY important), and of course the great morning breakfast WE have the make-our-own waffle station, & the waffle iron is shaped like Texas! : )
Texas shape waffle!

This hotel meets the levels of quality and consistency we expect when we stay at Comfort Inn. It's a pretty neat hotel - LOVED The room was big and clean, as was the bathroom. I also like their Pillows.

I rated this hotel "above average", which to me is the standard for all .So this hotel meets those high standards and I would highly recommend it to anyone. plus point is this price is very AFFORDABLE.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Rachael091
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 8, 2011

I had a great stay at this Comfort Inn for two nights. The staff were friendly, and the complimentary breakfast was wonderful. The room was big and I really used (and appreciated) the free internet. The bedding was nice and soft, and the room overall was very clean and comfortable.
Breakfast seating was ample and the food was good quality and fresh. Breakfast included coffee, tea, orange juice, apple juice, assorted danish, mini muffins, toast, bagels, waffles, hard boiled eggs, biscuits with country gravy, sausage,gravy yogurt, etc. Every employee was really polite and kept asking how we were doing and if their was anything that they could do to make our stay more pleasant. Check out was fast and all charges were correct. On all future trips to Conroe I will definitely be staying at this in comfort inn
And finally but not least there is a Mama Juanita( Mexican ) restaurant food with Bar across from hotel what more can in ask for..

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Tom74015
Reviewed December 31, 2010

I was traveling down to Houston and it was too late so checked in to Comfort Inn. I was greeted with warm welcome by front desk. Check in was easy. Very nice clean room with comfortable bed, in-room coffee and flat screen TV. Breakfast was really good and filling. Across from the Cracker Barrel where I had nice dinner. I would definitely recommend to future guest.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank DaysInnSuites_Desoto
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 13, 2010

The beds were comfortable, and they had good hot breakfast. Staff was friendly and gave me good directions to get me where I needed to go. Had initial problem with internet but gave the front desk a call and fixed my issue right away. Would come back again.

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank cowboyfan10_10
austin, Texas
Reviewed February 26, 2010

First of all, the free hot breakfast (which is why I usually adore Comfort Inn) consisted of defrosted sausage links, gravy and stale biscuits. The "pastrys" were stale too. The only thing good about their breakfast was the juice and coffee. There was nothing hot about their "hot breakfast" at all. They threw a few unsavory boiled eggs into a container for you, but if you're expecting hot scrambled eggs, hash browns, and bacon - FORGET IT.
Secondly, if your company reserved your room for you over the phone or online with a credit card, that doesn't mean you have a room at all. This is the only Comfort Inn location I've ever visited where the credit card, and card holder must be present during check in. I had to hang out in the lobby for forever and a day while the unfriendly staff exchanged faxes with my secretary back and forth for an eternity, providing all manner of IDs in the process. I felt like I was being treated like a criminal from the first moment. And Conroe, Texas is a very friendly town so I was very surprised.
The room was clean, but the phone didn't work. Also, the "exercise room" is a room with a bike in it.
My advice is go to a cheaper hotel, because the amenities that usually make a Comfort Inn worth it, are simply not present at this location in Conroe, Texas.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Austin
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Clean room with all the basics - iron and ironing board, small frig, microwave, tv, adequate offerings at the breakfast buffet. BUT ... the plug by the sink didn't work, even after the desk said they'd reset the breaker. Even though it was still quite warm, the pool had been closed. The frig was unplugged and took overnight to cool, so I resorted to using ice in a bucket. Internet service downstairs in the lobby took nearly 15 minutes and still hadn't managed to load a page in Internet Explorer (finally tried Firefox and it was MUCH better.)
That said, I would definitely stay there again because of the friendly and very helpful staff. Would recommend with some reservations (no pun intended.)

Stayed November 2009, traveled on business