“Fantastic view”

Seminole Canyon State Park and Historic Site
More attraction details
Owner description: Park with spectacular views and some quiet campsites.
Copenhagen, Denmark
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fantastic view”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

A really beautiful park.
But I'm sorry to say so, the signing is not what I think it should be.
And the information about the state park in the surrounding town, could also be better.
No we where just passing through, and it's also my own fault that I didn't do more research about the place.
Unfortunately for us, we where one hour late to the information center, so maybe next time we come there, my rating would be higher.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Morten P

Houston
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Great views, interesting walk”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

There are views of the ancient cliffsides of the Pecos (millions of years old), a view of cliffs in Mexico above the Rio Grande where the Pecos River flows into it. There is well-organized, dedicated path through local vegetation. There are a boat launch and picnic areas.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Henry M
Houston
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“A treasure!”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

On my way to Big Bend, I stopped and camped two nights here (Dec 13th-15th) in the primitive camping area. Attended two tours of the Fate Bell Shelter (the pictographs are amazing!), browsed the museum and gift shop, hiked, and enjoyed the solitude. To my surprise I was the only occupant of the primitive camping area (it's a bargain at 8$ a night, and a short walk to the bathroom and showers). Love this park!

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Daddy B
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Beautiful views and interesting rock art”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We were headed from Del Rio to Fort Davis and went on 2 hikes in this park. The weather was warm down in the canyon. These hikes are not for the bone weary as there are chains to assist you pull yourself back up the path. The hike is close to vertical but is SO worth it. The guide was from Austin and taught us so much history about the rock art. The views were spectacular! I highly recommend taking time to stop and take these hikes. Just make sure that you are dressed properly and have plenty of water with you! Enjoy!

Visited November 2013
2 Thank RetiredCoppers
Ashby, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“excellent Rock Art-- and good hiking-- and White Shaman”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We really enjoyed seeing the Fate Bell shelter rock art in seminole canyon-- good hike and guide (you cant go by yourself but it is pretty informal-- check the website). The best part isnt even in the Canyon. Every Saturday the Rock Art Foundation conducts a tour-- exciting hike, they provide the walking sticks) to see the best Pecos Indian Rock Art-- it is the White Shaman tour/hike, starts about 1 mile west of Seminole Canyon-- lots of people try to do both. Views are beautiful and hikes are great. So glad we went. (Very do-able for healthy seniors like us also)

Visited November 2013