“Beautiful place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Comfort
Meyer Bed and Breakfast on Cypress Creek
Ranked #3 of 5 Comfort B&B and Inns
Halifax, Canada
“Beautiful place to stay”
Reviewed May 16, 2010

We stayed in Room 810 Mercantile which looks out onto the creek. The room is large and beautifully furnished. The bed was very comfortable and the place was very quiet. Breakfast was wonderful with lots of choices. We didn't see any deer, but the wildflowers were amazing. We would definitely recommend this B&B.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Hilaard, the Netherlands
Reviewed May 15, 2010

We stayed at Meyer's for four nights with our family and had a wonderful time. We stayed in room 312, with two double beds in two separate rooms. The location on Cypress Creek is just gorgeous. You can see the deer coming out on the other side of the creek in the morning and evening. The big pool was lovely Breakfast is excellent with homemade cake, bread,omelets, fresh fruit etc. and a little different every morning. In comfort you have lots of antiques shops and do have lunch at High's on High Street. The owner Shane was very helpful and made us all feel very welcome. The only thing missing was a small refrigerator in our room. All in all we had a great time and would love to come back!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed March 12, 2010

We stayed 3 nights during kids spring break in March. Had the Homestead suite, which has an upstairs loft with 2 beds, own bath, own TV, etc. Much attention to detail in the rooms. Very thoughtful. Great breakfast and we are not really breakfast people. The grounds are a knockout. The various rooms (which are closer together than in the pictures, no bid deal, though) are on one side of a beautiful creek. On the other side is an old pecan orchard now owned by the hotel. The owners have a deer feeder just on the other side of the creek which is times to go off near breakfast time. No complaints here. We may very well make this a spring break tradition.

Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
East Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed December 27, 2009

Traveling solo for a conference, I was a bit worried about accomodations in a far-away state. The "Stage Stop" (room 111) was perfect for my multi-day stay! This room is above the office and has been transformed into a comfortable retreat for one or two people. The pine wood paneling added to the ambiance! I do not tolerate heat well, and the air conditioning and fan kept me comfortable during the heat wave that was occurring. The grounds were beautiful - complete with swimming pool and a view of Cypress Creek with deer feeding on the distant hill. I'll certainly stay here again when I return for another conference!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Birmingham
Reviewed November 6, 2009

Brief trip through Texas hill country and found this by chance. What a great place. Comfort is a little town full of good people but no doubt affected badly by the recession. It does have a tendancy to be "closed on a Wednesday" and finding somewhere to eat on a Wednesday evening can be tough! Shame as the local bistro High's at Comfort TX is just superb. The breakfast at the hotel/B&B is great and it was busier than expected. You get the impression that folks here go about their lives in a quiet way working hard and enjoying visitors to their town.

The region is quite a change from the San Antonio- Houston I10 beltway and is a great relief for all that. Enchanted Rock is a great walk out and it is worth walk round and not just up to the top and back. I wouldn't do it in the summer but the trails are great and deserted. $6 a head seems a bargain to see so much of Texas.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
san antonio
Reviewed October 7, 2009

I have never liked or disliked a place enough to write a review, but the Meyer was so enjoyable I just had write to one. My wife and I were looking for a charming,peaceful and romantic getaway and the Meyer is exactly that. There website is very informative and all true no exagerations or camera tricks on this website and the meyer is better in person than in pictures. Upon our arrival at the Meyer Shane checked us in, gave us a tour of the property, answered all my questions and made us feel very welcomed. We stayed in the creekside cottage an adorable yellow cottage nicely decorated inside and out, however my favorite part was the screened in porch wich over looked a well manicured yard that flowed down to cypress creek that is lined with large beautiful cypress and pecan trees. My wife and I have stayed at many places in our 19 years of marriage that have offered free breakfast but none compare to the Meyer no disapoint or still hungry feellings after this dining experience. The Breakfast and it's ambience is exactly how it is described on the Meyer website and the food is wonderful. I would have been completely satisfied with just eating the homemade biscuits and bread pudding but everything look so good I had to try it all, it's all good. The biscuits are so good and homemade tasting I thought I would find a 70 year old white haired lady with and apron and a southern draw in the kitchen or my grandma, but I didn't I found a young lady with a smile, cheerful attitude and know's how to make biscuits. I have never written a review before or gone to B&B twice but our experience at the Meyer has definitely changed that.

The Kieslich's

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
austin,tx
Reviewed June 24, 2009

My husband and i just came back from the b&b and enjoyed ourselves so much we decided to go back every year for our anniversary. Everyone was nice and pleasant , it was quiet and peaceful , which is what we looking for on our honeymoon. Our room was great, we have already booked it again for next year and plan to do it again every year.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Comfort
Inn of the Hills Hotel & Conference Center
Super 8 Kerrville TX
Super 8 Kerrville TX
#3 of 14 in Kerrville
Best Western Sunday House Inn

Been to Meyer Bed and Breakfast on Cypress Creek? Share your experiences!