“Great B and B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Comfort
Meyer Bed and Breakfast on Cypress Creek
Ranked #3 of 5 Comfort B&B and Inns
Beaumont, Texas
“Great B and B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2010

We stayed 3 nights during kids spring break in March. Had the Homestead suite, which has an upstairs loft with 2 beds, own bath, own TV, etc. Much attention to detail in the rooms. Very thoughtful. Great breakfast and we are not really breakfast people. The grounds are a knockout. The various rooms (which are closer together than in the pictures, no bid deal, though) are on one side of a beautiful creek. On the other side is an old pecan orchard now owned by the hotel. The owners have a deer feeder just on the other side of the creek which is times to go off near breakfast time. No complaints here. We may very well make this a spring break tradition.

Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
East Wenatchee, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2009

Traveling solo for a conference, I was a bit worried about accomodations in a far-away state. The "Stage Stop" (room 111) was perfect for my multi-day stay! This room is above the office and has been transformed into a comfortable retreat for one or two people. The pine wood paneling added to the ambiance! I do not tolerate heat well, and the air conditioning and fan kept me comfortable during the heat wave that was occurring. The grounds were beautiful - complete with swimming pool and a view of Cypress Creek with deer feeding on the distant hill. I'll certainly stay here again when I return for another conference!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2009

Brief trip through Texas hill country and found this by chance. What a great place. Comfort is a little town full of good people but no doubt affected badly by the recession. It does have a tendancy to be "closed on a Wednesday" and finding somewhere to eat on a Wednesday evening can be tough! Shame as the local bistro High's at Comfort TX is just superb. The breakfast at the hotel/B&B is great and it was busier than expected. You get the impression that folks here go about their lives in a quiet way working hard and enjoying visitors to their town.

The region is quite a change from the San Antonio- Houston I10 beltway and is a great relief for all that. Enchanted Rock is a great walk out and it is worth walk round and not just up to the top and back. I wouldn't do it in the summer but the trails are great and deserted. $6 a head seems a bargain to see so much of Texas.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
san antonio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2009

I have never liked or disliked a place enough to write a review, but the Meyer was so enjoyable I just had write to one. My wife and I were looking for a charming,peaceful and romantic getaway and the Meyer is exactly that. There website is very informative and all true no exagerations or camera tricks on this website and the meyer is better in person than in pictures. Upon our arrival at the Meyer Shane checked us in, gave us a tour of the property, answered all my questions and made us feel very welcomed. We stayed in the creekside cottage an adorable yellow cottage nicely decorated inside and out, however my favorite part was the screened in porch wich over looked a well manicured yard that flowed down to cypress creek that is lined with large beautiful cypress and pecan trees. My wife and I have stayed at many places in our 19 years of marriage that have offered free breakfast but none compare to the Meyer no disapoint or still hungry feellings after this dining experience. The Breakfast and it's ambience is exactly how it is described on the Meyer website and the food is wonderful. I would have been completely satisfied with just eating the homemade biscuits and bread pudding but everything look so good I had to try it all, it's all good. The biscuits are so good and homemade tasting I thought I would find a 70 year old white haired lady with and apron and a southern draw in the kitchen or my grandma, but I didn't I found a young lady with a smile, cheerful attitude and know's how to make biscuits. I have never written a review before or gone to B&B twice but our experience at the Meyer has definitely changed that.

The Kieslich's

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
austin,tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2009

My husband and i just came back from the b&b and enjoyed ourselves so much we decided to go back every year for our anniversary. Everyone was nice and pleasant , it was quiet and peaceful , which is what we looking for on our honeymoon. Our room was great, we have already booked it again for next year and plan to do it again every year.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Frisco, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2009

My husband and I have stayed here several times and always have a wonderful time. It is our favorite B & B to visit in the Texas Hill Country. We stayed this time in the Linder Suite. It had a beautiful view of the creek and the decor inside was very charming. The grounds are kept very well and it is always so clean. The wild life is so entertaining! We watched the deer and birds in the morning, and sometimes see armadillos and raccoons after dark! We enjoyed the time at the pool, which has been remodeled and updated. The town of Comfort is a great place to relax and get away from the busy city life! We always look forward to the breakfast, especially the bread pudding. Teresa and Shane always try to make our stay there very special and their staff should also be commended!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2009

Go for the price or go elsewhere. You get what you pay for (or not...if you have the pricey rooms). Some of the room themes, decor and carpets are in real need of updating. Some rooms have mounted animal heads(not visible in their pictures), a surprise when you get there! You let yourself in, staff is not around in case your room is dirty, you need more towels, problems with the room, etc. We were pleased to see the exact same breakfast being served the second day. The hot tub or an evening stroll might have been nice but the many mosquitos were territorial. They won! Not alot to do or places to eat out. Water levels low of course, but the creek view is nice.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Dueces, Owner at Meyer Bed and Breakfast on Cypress Creek, responded to this review, October 2, 2009
As the owners of Meyer Bed and Breakfast, we take pride in our B&B and the experience we provide for our guests. As each room/suite has its own personality, The Lodge suite that this guest stayed in is themed like an African Lodge….complete with mounts and exposed wood that you would expect to see in a lodge (shown in several pictures on our website). This impressive 1200sq. ft. suite with 2 full baths is a favorite with return guests. For late arrivals (this guest did not arrive until just after 9pm), we provide detailed directions on your confirmation for late check-ins & how to contact us if you need our assistance. All you need to do is call us and we are happy to help you! And while Comfort, Texas is not a large town, we have wonderful locally owned restaurants in town as well as several more within 10 minutes of Comfort. We hope to see you soon at Meyer Bed and Breakfast!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Comfort
Inn of the Hills Hotel & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN Boerne Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
BEST WESTERN Sunday House Inn
Days Inn Boerne
Days Inn Boerne
#7 of 7 in Boerne
Comfort Inn & Suites Texas Hill Country

Been to Meyer Bed and Breakfast on Cypress Creek? Share your experiences!