“Excellent!!!!!”
Review of Haven River Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Comfort
Haven River Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Comfort B&B and Inns
“Excellent!!!!!”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I needed a retreat and this was the absolute perfect place for me. Accommodations were were exceptional, the house peaceful, very clean, beautiful landscape and quiet. The oversized porch and the rocking chairs were great for taking in the beauty and peace of the area and the sound of the Guadalupe River while sitting at the river's edge was amazing. This is a great place to pull away from the daily grind and relax read a book and enjoy the view. Perfect getaway spot!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This place exceeded our expectations. We would love to return. It is quiet, peaceful, beautiful… the food was delicious and the staff was exceptional. There are plenty of good restaurants about 20 minutes away in Fredericksburg. It is a wonderful place to get away for some beauty and quiet.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Katy, Texas
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Great place to get away and relax. Comfortable, quiet, secluded, and beautiful are fitting descriptions for the Inn and its location. The oversized porch overlooking the grounds and the Guadalupe River with the plethora of rockers is a great place to visit, enjoy the view, or read a book. We made new friends as we enjoyed a fantastic breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Rented the main house for family and friends to stay during my wedding weekend. Everyone raved about the accommodations and it was a pleasure to work with the Innkeeper, Cheryl. We had our rehearsal dinner prepared by their chef, William. They worked with us to create the perfect menu and we heard great feedback about the food. Very clean, organized and very friendly. Looking forward to another visit.

Room Tip: I personally stayed in the 3rd floor suite. Could not hear any noise from below.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Haven River Inn on the recommendation of some friends of ours. The Haven already has very affordable rates compared to other Bed and Breakfasts in the Hill Country - but The Haven also offers special rates to clergy and their families. Ministry can be a tough life and the offer of several nights in a beautiful Bed and Breakfast is VERY appreciated!

The House is beautiful and nicely decorated with antique furniture. The home's original porch has been closed-in and makes for a great place to enjoy breakfast in the morning. The food was phenomenal and they offered to pack a breakfast to-go when we planned to leave for an early hike one morning. The large porch has many rocking chairs and seating areas to enjoy a cup of coffee, read a good book, or just spend some quiet time. There is also a pool, swings, a gazebo, and all of this is just a quick walk from the river.

The staff is very friendly and eager to introduce you to the great variety of activities the Hill Country has to offer. The Haven is situated close to river activities, a wild flower farm, Enchanted Rock, several state parks, and lots of antique shopping. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the HRI a few nights ago. I stayed in 3E, on the top floor, and basked in the luxury of the soft bedding and the soaking tub. It was also fun to bring a cast-iron teapot up to my room at night and sip tea and eat the chocolates while I read and journaled and reflected. I had pizza from the wood-fire place in Comfort, and brought it back to the top floor common area dining table, putting the leftovers in the fridge. Nice to have a full kitchen and living room available! I had a nice chat with a lady who was there to get some writing done, and I was cheered by the chorus of laughter heard from some women's group meeting there--the music of friendship. I spent some time on the balcony off the room, too, near a huge branch that overhangs the balcony. A squirrel with an acorn in his mouth regaled me with a lengthy shaking of his tail, or maybe it was semaphore or Morse code. Butterflies in the bushes and mist rising off the river as I sat on gnarly tree roots were other delights. The breakfast was amazing. The best parts, though, were that I met God, hearing His voice, and that after breakfast I had a nice time talking with John and Kathy Ford, staff counselors. I didn't think I needed any counsel, but the more we talked, I realized that I really did need their input on something, and they provided wise advice. I felt so blessed and refreshed as I left!

Room Tip: A family might enjoy being on the 3rd floor because there are two rooms with queen beds and one room...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 29, 2013

What a great weekend! My girlfriends and I needed a quick get away from San Antonio to celebrate a 'mile stone birthday' and Haven River Inn was a perfect place. We toured the local wineries during the day (who needs Napa?) and came home to nice cold rooms and peaceful rocking chairs on our porch! Breakfast the next morning was so yummy and the service was top notch! Great place to celebrate the 'big 50' with great friends. Now that we all know about this place we will be bringing our husbands back for a quiet weekend out of the crazy city! We feel so blessed to have such amazing beauty so close to us!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Comfort
Inn of the Hills Hotel & Conference Center
Best Western Sunday House Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn and Suites Boerne
Camp Comfort Boutique B&B
Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort

Been to Haven River Inn? Share your experiences!