“Highly Recommended”
Review of Hotel Faust

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Comfort
Hotel Faust
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I visited Hotel Faust for a girl's weekend getaway in late August. The charm of the historic hotel has been beautifully restored and captured by the owners, Chris and Kevin, who went out of their way to make the stay amazing. I cannot rave enough about the delicious breakfast prepared and served by Chris each morning (yum!). The hotel sits in the middle of the action among many other welcoming establishments. It is the perfect destination for a quiet, relaxing weekend away.

Room Tip: The Ingenheutt Cabin was spacious and comfortable. From the oversized king bed, to the spacious bath...

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We decided to do a hill country Harley ride, and decided on staying at Hotel Faust based on reviews. I am so happy we did. Great rooms, exceptionally friendly hosts, and yummy breakfast! :D

We stayed in the Giles suite, and it was fantastic. We will definitely be back. Wonderful, relaxing place!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Needed a break from it all and headed for Comfort for a relaxing weekend. The hospitality, accommodations and weekend breakfasts were a winning combo for this quaint hotel. Hotel owners Kevin and Chris and hotel manager PJ offer the best recommendations for local eateries and wineries. Book early because this place is on the rise.

1  Thank mlm712
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Booked a three night stay over Labor Day weekend. Planned on a relaxing long weekend but certainly did not expect the quality of accommodation we received. Chris and Kevin have done an amazing job with this historic hotel. Every possible amenity was provided. Especially love the comfy bed and oversized bathroom. Complimentary weekend breakfast is an added bonus and was perfect. Location is right in the middle of all the unuquecshops and eateries in Comfort. Hotel Faust is a must if younplan on visiting the Texas Hill Country. Absolutely love this place!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and I were recently gifted two nights at Hotel Faust for our anniversary. Needless to say, we loved every minute of the stay. We were upstairs in the Giles suite, and the room was excellent - great high ceilings, a fantastically remodeled bathroom, and really nice wood floors. We came on two weekdays, so I think we were the only guests, but the hotel was charming all the same. I can only imagine how much fun it would be to rent out the whole place for a wedding or family reunion.

The hotel is located on High Street, just across the street from High's (great breakfast/lunch), the Plaid Goat (small plates and wine), and a satellite tasting room for Bending Branch winery (the main winery is about 20 minutes down the road). And, it's within easy driving distance of Fredericksburg, where my wife and I spent most of our daytime activities. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

My friends and I had the opportunity to call this charming place home for a weekend! Sitting right on the main street in Comfort, Hotel Faust offers the beauty of the past with all the updates of the present. No detail was left untouched in what seems to be an effort to keep the hotel's roots grounded in history while showcasing just how beautiful its bones are with furnishings and decor that are clean, neat and well coordinated. The owners keep the guests in mind when it comes to needs, wants, likes and schedules, all the while never skipping a beat with the upkeep of the grounds.

It is hard to describe how relaxed one can become at the Faust - the building and location lend themselves to the crickets, star-filled nights and cool breezes, but it is honestly the owners that go the extra mile to make sure you are taking advantage of all this historical beauty has to offer.

While I could go on and on about every inch of the Hotel Faust, I really want to stress the friendliness and hospitable nature of the owners. Even though I was aware that breakfast was included, I would have never dreamed it was a hot, sit down, get to know the owner kind of meal. I came in knowing very little about the town and the owner himself, yet left feeling as if I was visiting an old friend who can make a fantastic batch of blueberry pancakes!

The weekend was not long enough, but I never felt rushed. I adapted to "Comfort time" thanks to the Hotel Faust. My friends and I caught up with one another over cups of coffee on the porch, delicious breakfasts in the dining cottage, amazing desserts at The Plaid Goat (directly across the street) and a new friend who shared his love of The Hotel Faust with us.

Thanks, Chris for an outstanding weekend!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We have stayed here on two occasions and look forward to the completion of the restoration of this historical inn on Main Street. Comfort is one of our favorite get-away destinations, with charming houses, shops, and restaurants all around. The innkeeper is friendly and accommodating; we got breakfast vouchers for the cafe across the street, but the inn is planning to start serving its own breakfast on-site.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
HFaust, Owner at Hotel Faust, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! Hotel Faust’s renovations were fully completed in October - November 2012 and we have been serving breakfast at the hotel since December 2012. Hope to see you back soon!

Been to Hotel Faust? Share your experiences!