“A MUST for yarn!”

The Tinsmith's Wife
Ranked #2 of 10 Shopping in Comfort
More attraction details
Owner description: The Tinsmith's Wife's primary aim is to provide inspiration for knitting, crocheting, needlepoint, cross stitch, and punch needle by providing a fantastic array of beautiful fibers, supplies, patterns, accessories, and canvases. For knitting and crocheting, we pride ourselves on having an eclectic and broad collection of supplies from independent dyers in addition to larger yarn companies. For our other fiber arts, we have a broad selection of patterns, canvases, and fibers to make your project shine. The Tinsmith's Wife also provides an array of classes in needlework, a warm environment to stitch for an afternoon surrounded by wonderful shop cats and a warm cup of tea. If you have not been to The Tinsmith's Wife yet, we encourage you to bring your current project to the store and join us for a morning or an afternoon. There are several comfy spots to sit (next to a cat), and there is always laughter, inspiration, and new ideas. Comfort is also a great town filled with great antique shops, yummy places to eat, and a sense of stepping back in time.
Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

I had recently heard about this place in Comfort, TX which is about a 45 minute drive for me. It sounded interesting so I decided to go, not really expecting too much. It is housed in one of the old beautiful buildings in Comfort so it is attractive to just to go inside.
They have so much stuff! Besides a huge selection of every kind and type of yarn they also carry all kinds of nifty little "things you need". It is set up attractively and the rooms are large with high ceilings so it doesn't feel cramped even with all the merchandise.
One thing I very much liked was when you found what you wanted they had more of the same dye lot in the back and tracked through the computer. (I HAD been wondering how they could have so many colors but "onesies" of each). I don't know how deep their stock is but they had plenty of what I wanted so I was happy.
If you have ANY interest in any kind of fiber crafts this is the place to see. There is a "yarn crawl" coming up in October, I CANNOT wait to see what they will bring in for that.

1  Thank Lynda9314
"wendy"
"craft"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed June 2, 2017

The friendliest yarn shop anywhere. I have been there twice now, I just brought my best friend there in May 2017. The inventory is amazing, there is something for everyone, it isn't just for knitters. Knit, crochet, embroidery, punch embroidery, you name it. They have regular classes, but for out of towners like us, they will not only help you pick a project with all the supplies you need but they will stop and teach you the craft. They don't just tell you how to do it, they let you sit there and work on the piece until you are comfortable with it. Prices are reasonable and they are definitely worth the drive. We live about 4 hours away, but I would go back in a heartbeat.

1  Thank Cat2556
Reviewed February 4, 2017

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this store!! The class rooms were very comfortable with laughter abounding. The selection of patterns & yarn was AMAZING!! If you knit, crochet, or cross-stitch, you really MUST stop. You will NOT be disappointed!

1  Thank Ggof3
Reviewed January 17, 2017

Wendy, her Dad and Mom are phenomenal! So very knowledgeable and willing to share! Classes are ongoing and if they don't have something you're looking for... well they'll find it! Their inventory can be overwhelming.... but just ask and they'll help, make suggestions and/or recommendations!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 20, 2016

A friend told me about this shop after I mentioned looking for needlepoint shops. What a great suggestion. You will find this store in Comfort, Texas which is a small town filled with cute shops and antiques. The Tinsmith's Wife is on 7th street. It offers an incredible selection of yarns for knitting or crochet, cross stitching, needlepoint and needlepunch.
There is an amazing selection of threads as well as patterns both in stock and available to order. There are loads of samples to view for ideas. If you like needle work you absolutely must give this shop a try.