“Cheapest Place in Comfort”
Review of Guenther's Creekside Grill - CLOSED

Guenther's Creekside Grill
Cuisines: German
San Antonio, Texas
“Cheapest Place in Comfort”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This would be the last place I would visit when visiting Comfort. The buffet is cheap, but so is the quality of the ingredients used. The atmosphere is funky, but the service was brusk and not very accommodating. It's a great step back in time, so it might be worth it to have an ice tea there, but I wouldn't eat there if you were on vacation looking for a great, memorable meal. I know a lot of locals that eat there a lot. The owner sits a a table by the kitchen with his cronies so it's got a good hometown feel to it. I just wasn't impressed with the food. Pretty much fried and dead looking. The hamburgers were un-comforting and the guests I took there the last time I was in, only went through the buffet once with no need to re-visit.

• Visited September 2013

Comfort, Texas
“Rustic, basic, friendly, tasty”
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Went with friends from the area who had not tried the place. The waitress was chatty and attentive. Lamb was excellent. Other food was good also. No liquor license so you walk next door to buy beer, wine etc. About 5 steps so no big deal. Decent singer there on Saturday night. Clientele was varied but all friendly.
Will return.

1 Thank Lengwhite
San Antonio, Texas
“Very good dinner”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We had a very good dinner of sauerkraut and German sausage at this restaurant. We bought a bottle of wine next door and brought it with us (the owner owns both the liquor store and the rest.) There was some live music going on which we also enjoyed very much. The owner came by to say Hi and it was a pleasant experience all around. The food was really good and not at all overpriced.

• Visited December 2013
La Mesa, California
“Not the best choice for eating”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Although this was recommended to us we not only had a hard time finding the place but when we did we were disappointed in the food. The salad offering was not good and the dinner I had (Tilapia) was not good at all. The best part was the sauerkraut. If something else is open you might be better off going there. They try but it's not a great option in our opinion and the environment wasn't great. No charm and no comfort. .

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank seeusoon
Kerrville
“Poor service”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Waitress wants large tip for only serving tea and skips you mostly all the time. I gave her a dollar all the time but she expected more. Owner is grouchy and i was kicked out cause i complained about her . I have also heard from others that if you get alot of fish he yells at you . I did see him have a crib and saw him pick up a baby and not wash his hands after handling a baby with dirty diaper. Food is good but bad

2 Thank Henry M