“People... this is not Pizza Hut”
Review of Comfort Pizza

Comfort Pizza
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Comfort
Cuisines: Pizza, Cafe
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Hand Tossed Wood Fired Sour Dough Pizza, Craft & Imported Beer, Wines by the Bottle/Glass, Salads, Espresso drinks, Cold Brew Coffee, Imported Italian Gelato & Blue Bell Ice Cream. Comfort Pizza is located in a renovated 1920's Gas Station with cool retro outdoor dining under large red umbrellas surrounded by planters full of red roses and string lights. Location is in the center of Comfort's historic district with shops/boutiques housed in buildings dating back to the mid 1800's. Comfort Pizza rents retro bikes for touring the historic district for 8.00 for the entire day & Comfort Pizza is only a few blocks from the confluence of the Guadalupe River and Cypress Creek. Reservations for dough are accepted in advance and are highly recommended on busy evenings and weekends (please call pizzeria during normal business hours to reserve dough in advance)
Texas
“People... this is not Pizza Hut”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Bring your appetite and your heavy wallet for some good pizza. Fun place to eat with outdoor seating only. The tables and chairs are bright primary colors and look like the old backyard furniture your Grandma had. Great redo of an old gas station. There are two huge neatly stacked piles of wood in a circular iron round frame which covers the outdoor pizza oven. Really neat the way they designed it all. I guess that is most expensive pizza I have ever had but I knew what the price would be because each item you add is 2 or 3 dollars. I agree with another reviewer that ordering is a little strange and I am glad we were the only ones there or it would have been awkward to wait in line to order. If you are in a hurry and you see a few people there, you might reconsider. Nice young men running the place and my pizza was fabulous.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank txfrmgrl

Boerne, Texas
“Delicious, expensive pizza with quality ingredients in pleasant setting”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I appreciate the care and expense put into the design with the Comfort Pizza labeled fixtures. They did a very fine job on the renovations with quite a few innovations. The atmosphere is pleasant - umbrella- covered outdoor seating - especially in cooler temps, but ordering could have been more efficient. Only one small menu attached to a small, but well-crafted clip board was at the walk-up ordering counter. We had to pass it around and this made us feel rushed and unable to fully read the irreverently written menu. When we finished ordering we were offered a to-go menu. Drinks and salad came quickly. The cactus pear drink is absolutely delicious. The wait for the pizza was reasonably, about 12 minutes. We were the only customers at 12:30pm. The pizza was good, much better than any other pizza in this area. The thin crisp-edged crust was burnt on the edges, but not inedible. The light, house made pizza sauce was very herb-y with small diced tomatoes visible. It was oregano- heavy for my taste, but my companion really liked the flavor. Ample portions of prosciutto plus our other choice topped the pizza. I found the prosciutto super salty and removed it from my pizza. I also found that the oregano flavor of the sauce overpowered the toppings and was not a pleasant combination. It is difficult to find a good crust in this area and had the center of the crust held up to the toppings and the crispness of the edges, this crust would have been superior. I don't see how the crust can hold one of the combinations - which do sound inventive and tasty - without the toppings falling off each slice. To me this pizza would be best with a single topping that does not compete with the heavily flavored pizza sauce. I certainly appreciate the quality ingredients and the thin, wood-fired crust. But $2 and $3 per topping after cheese is expensive. I will definitely go back for a single topping pizza because this type of thin crust pizza is so hard to come by, the ingredients are fresh and natural, the owners have created something unique, and I like good design, plus I am intrigued by chili-infused pineapple and want another cactus drink.

• Visited January 2013
Comfort, Texas
“What a fabulous pizza!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

A terrific wood fired pizza in little ole Comfort! You must be kidding! No - it's the truth. The pizza oven was bulit in Michigan and shipped south to create terrific pizzas for anyone who comes along! Located in the first Comfort service station built in 1929, the restaurant has colorful outdoor seating with cheerful red umbrellas. The restaurant applied for its beer/wine license and expects it soon. Until then, bring a local wine for a free corkage fee - Singing Water or Bending Branch. Enjoy excellent pizza in a lovely outdoor setting surrounded by downtown COmfort and Knockout roses.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank April L
Gonzales, Texas
“Delicious speciality pizza & unique atmosphere!!!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We ate at Comfort Pizza by chance and were immediately glad we did. The environment was unique and made an ideal casual dining experience. Not only do they have delicious specialty pizza, they also have unique specialty drinks (non-alcoholic). We had homemade lemon-lime soda and a cactus juice drink. SO GOOD! I highly recommend Comfort Pizza!!!

5 Thank Amanda2886
Austin, Texas
“Excellent unique pizza”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I don't like the regular type of pizza that you get because most of them are greasy. These folks made wood fired pizza with healthy, tasty combinations and no grease in sight. I like the cool old fashioned furniture they have too.

Visited October 2012