“Excellent food, nice atmosphere”

814- A Texas Bistro
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Comfort
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

So this time we made a reservation (see my previous review titled The restaurant where we almost ate). Had great food and it is clear that the owners limitation is in the kitchen, not in the number of tables occupied. The result was a good meal served timely and without rush. Only issue was that the white wine was cool, but not cold. Some ice was added to the ice bucket which helped. Should not have had to ask in a place of this quality.
Overall a good experience. We will return.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

My friend and I had a tremendously delicious dinner at this quaint little restaurant. The pork plate (piggy platter) was melt-in-your-mouth delicious, the red fish was very good, the salad was very fresh, and the chocolate bread pudding was luscious and silky. We definitely plan to return!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Our second time there. We always make a reservation because it is a small restaurant and the tables fill up.

We went with another couple. Had a great bottle of wine from the local Bending Branch winery. Quiet enough to talk with no problems.

Filets were cooked superbly and were an excellent beef cut. Literally could cut with a fork and melted in your mouth.

Pork tenderloin was huge. My friend could not finish it. Cheese grits were excellent.

My wife had the salmon and loved the flavor.

The chef literally cooks in front of you as you can see the kitchen through the window.

A don't miss choice!

Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Admittedly did not have a reservation, but on walking in there were 3 of about a dozen tables occupied. The young waiter said they were all spoken for and we should try at 8:30, which was only 45 minutes later.
Never have been turned away from an empty restaurant before. May try again, with a reservation, but refuse to be embarrassed twice.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We have eaten here several times, both lunch and dinner. Truly a wonderful restaurant. Chef owned and using ingredients, the restaurant is small and the menu covers everything, but is obviously limited. I have food allergies and they have always been able to accommodate me, I put myself in the chefs hands and have always had an amazing meal! If you want a choice of a dozen different steaks, this isn't the restaurant for you, but if you want an amazing meal, make your reservation!