“Fast service” 3 of 5 bubbles

Miguel's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 19 Restaurants in Comanche
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are located on the main street in Comanche. We are a totally smoke free restaurant. We have a tipi out front with lifesize Indians inside. People may ask why, but we are the Home of the Comanche Indians. We specialize in the flavors of the southwest along with homemade american food. We take pride in our food and our excellent service. We have been in business 26.years and hope to see you !
“Fast service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

I love to go in and have chips and salsa while waiting on my food and it's never taken very long for our food to make it to the table.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“The owner included chips with meal to...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

The owner included chips with meal to go.But if you ordered 2 or more meals to go you only were allowed a single order of chips,no exceptions.I have not been back and I don't feel he gives a dam

Comanche
“Awesommme Service! Even Better Food!! :))”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2010

Definitely one of the best Mexican restaurants I've been to. The location is a small town, Comanche, TX but the food and service make it seem MUCH bigger! The menu has much to offer from sizzling fajitas that make your mouth water just thinking about it, to a burger and fries or a gravy splashed chicken fried steak. The chips and salsa are complimentary and the refills are free. The waitress staff always provide good customer service with a smile so it keeps the atmosphere and mood enjoyable and fresh. I would recommend dining here to anyone that passes through or simply loves a good place to eat!!

Texas
“Horrible customer service, massive penny pinching and an uppity attitude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2010

I used to live in Comanche and have actually eaten at Miguel's many times with family and friends. However something has changed as on our last visit it was uncomfortable to say the least. There were several things wrong here.

1. On the front door it is stated that they will not accept any credit card that the magnetic stripe does not work. The major card companies require acceptance of a valid credit card and the only reason to do this is so that they don't have to pay more for a keyed in card transaction.

2. The restaurant does not seem to have a separate smoking section, as there were smoke fumes that were wafting throughout the restaurant. So, if you are sensitive to smoke then this might not be the place to go.

3. Drink refills are subject to a fee, this is new and it wasn’t this way before

4. Be careful how you order food at this place. Apparently they will charge you full price even when the meat is removed from the entree. They will also refuse to serve the meat beside the entree and instead will only remove items while still charging full rate. The only options are paying full rate and getting less for your money or getting food in a way that you don't want it. Below is a description of what occurred.

My son wanted to order something he had ordered many times, cheese quesadillas. Quesadillas are on the menu at $6.50 and are chicken or beef. There is not an option for Quesadillas without meat included. The waitress asked whether he wanted the sour cream and guacamole and we asked for it on the side. Well my mistake was to ask what the price was and when she said $6.50, I simply asked if I could just have his meat on my salad since it was the same price. She said she wasn't sure and would talk to the owner. She came back and said that he said that he could not do that. I asked to speak to the owner. The owner came over and said "who is the person with the problem here". I spoke up and asked if since we were paying for the ingredients anyway, then why can't we just get the chicken on the side. I asked if it was all made from scratch and they said it was, so it follows that they could have cooked it separate. I was appalled when he said he would not do it and that we could just leave. He said that he "has to make a living". I pointed out to him that what he was doing was removing ingredients and that he was already changing the way that he was cooking the food, so it didn't make sense for him to pocket the extra profit by charging more for less. This man was very rude and said that he had been in business for 20 years, I told him that I would tell anyone I can about how he was ripping people off.

So, I won't go back and recommend that you don't go either. They are pinching the wrong penny and he threw away a 30 dollar ticket to save a buck on chicken. This is the worst example of customer service I have ever seen.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Larfx
Houston, Texas
“Great Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2007

The food and service here are excellent. The Mexican food is very good and the prices are very reasonable. They also have American food if you don't feel like Mexican food. The service is very fast so it's a great place to stop if you are in a hurry. My favorite is the shrimp quesadillas.